Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Geddes to leave

+10
dodi
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
Jack
glassboypaul
stoursi
redpike
Tricky Tree
Southern Stour
Baggiestour
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 12:29

Baggiestour

There is every chance that they can improve him, that would never happen at stour

52Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 12:29

Baggiestour

There is every chance that they can improve him, that would never happen at stour

53Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 13:03

brockmoor

brockmoor

Baggiestour wrote:There is every chance that they can improve him, that would never happen at stour

So you have no faith in our coaches?

54Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 13:21

NickSFCB

Disappointed to see Sean go, as has been said arguably our best player in the past few seasons. Whatever reason he's left I doubt we will know the full goings on. He's better then Worcester city, it's hardly a great step up for him, so I'm a little disappointed to see he's moved there.

55Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 13:23

Baggiestour

Basically NO.
He is the best manager that stour have aver had, in my opinion. But that doesn't mean that there is no one better.i believe he has taken the club as far has he can but I hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

56Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 13:28

Baggiestour

Trouble is nick is that higher league clubs have come in for him in the past but Hackett as put the kibosh on it.he had better offers from lower league clubs but he wanted to play at an higher level.he was pushed out, the club didn't want him and he has gone to a higher club to play better football and not for the money which I think is commendable.

57Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 14:02

Baggiestour wrote:there are numerous sleeping fans who would definitely come back if the club was playing better and more importantly playing in a higher league

Sorry I don't get that statement. If you are a supporter of a team then surely you would support them all the time, regardless of how they are playing or what division they're in Suspect

Just like during our bad times when we were relegated to the Alliance.

The most important thing to remember is no matter how bad we all feel about Sean leaving, we must still get behind the team and give them our full support. Starting with tonight's game.

Question is, who now becomes our official Penalty taker Wink

58Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 14:47

Southern Stour

This is where people forget a lot of fans go to the big games i.e. Albion, Villa, Wolves ect and come to see Stour in the weeks they play away, if Stour have no desire to better them selves and watch quality players leave, our gates will suffer and we will start going downwards.

59Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 15:01

Jack

Jack
Admin

Heeley commented “I spoke with Gary yesterday about Sean and I was informed that he was available for transfer and we agreed a very nominal fee for his services which we are delighted with."

Worcester Manager.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

60Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 15:02

Devil's Advocate

Southern Stour wrote:This is where people forget a lot of fans go to the big games i.e. Albion, Villa, Wolves ect and come to see Stour in the weeks they play away, if Stour have no desire to better them selves and watch quality players leave, our gates will suffer and we will start going downwards.

I agree.

I have a West Brom and Stour season ticket,i used to have a West Brom away season ticket but gave this up so i could commit more to Stour,it was even reaching the stage where i was having to seriously consider whether to watch Stour or West Brom even when West Brom were at home,this coming weekend was a perfect example as i was greatly tempted to go to Market Drayton to watch the cup match but i'll now go to Albion's match v Everton instead.

I feel very disheartened with recent going's on at the club,my feelings were made clear on another post a few days ago,i felt that everyone within the squad should've been spoken to individually well before the start of the season and they should've been informed how the management felt they as an individual fitted into the overall plan.

What an absolute mess this has been allowed to come,we're just 7 games into the season and we've lost at least 4 players who should've been plenty good enough for our SQUAD if dealt with properly,all we then needed was a couple of quality additions but of course they never materialised pre season.

It's hard to believe that the remaining squad member's are going to be happy with this situation,how long before we hear that Billingham and Benbow have jumped ship.

Someone needs to get a grip and quickly,many years of good work are in danger of coming apart at the seams,i think everyone involved needs to look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they could've done better to handle things in the last few weeks and then to wise up and do something about it.

61Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 15:16

Baggiestour

Hi DA
Devil for chairman

62Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Tue Sep 09 2014, 15:26

Baggiestour

Baggiestour wrote:

there are numerous sleeping fans who would definitely come back if the club was playing better and more importantly playing in a higher league

Sorry I don't get that statement. If you are a supporter of a team then surely you would support them all the time, regardless of how they are playing or what division they're in

Just like during our bad times when we were relegated to the Alliance.

The most important thing to remember is no matter how bad we all feel about Sean leaving, we must still get behind the team and give them our full support. Starting with tonight's game.

Question is, who now becomes our official Penalty taker

Yes I agree that if you are a fan you stick with them through thick and thin, as I have done with the Albion over the last 49 years.but what I am saying is that when a team is stuck in a rut or not performing like they should fans will look to spend their money on other matters and you can't blame them.
What people can't get there head round of what I am trying to say is that the area is massive and if the club was doing well our crowds would swell dramatically but it needs forward thinking

63Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Wed Sep 10 2014, 00:16

Devil's Advocate

A debut goal for "Petal" tonight in a 2-1 Worcester victory.

Congrats Sean and good luck for the rest of the season ( apart from when we beat you in the Worcs senior cup ) Laughing Laughing

64Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Wed Sep 10 2014, 07:52

Baggiestour

Great win for stour , belper where poor but you can only beat what's in front of you.hope benbow is not seriously injured .that would be catastrophic .
Apparently Sean played really well and took his HEADER well.should still be in a stour shirt , but that's football.

65Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:14

Baggiestour wrote:What people can't get there head round of what I am trying to say is that the area is massive and if the club was doing well our crowds would swell dramatically but it needs forward thinking

And the point I was trying to make is if you wanted to watch Stourbridge it would be the same team, regardless of what division we're in.  If you normally support and watch another team, then yes it obviously would make a difference.  And as a lot of people round here support all the local football league teams, why should they suddenly change to supporting us just because we start playing well or get promoted.

Having said that it has become noticeable recently that our attendances seem to be going down compared to last season.  What we should be doing is trying to attract new full time supporters, not just supporters of other teams on a part-time basis Wink

66Geddes to leave - Page 3 Empty Re: Geddes to leave Wed Sep 10 2014, 11:06

Baggiestour

You've just answered my question,performances have not been the sane as two years ago and the supporters are voting with their feet.
Supporters will decide on a weekly or monthly basis which team they are going to watch, and if they are getting value for money at stour then they will keep coming back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum