Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sutton Coldfield (A)

+3
oldhillglassboy
Devil's Advocate
stour_boy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Sutton Coldfield (A) Thu Jul 31 2014, 10:08

stour_boy

stour_boy

Been quiet on here of late...is anyone planning to attend this match?

2Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield (A) Thu Jul 31 2014, 10:56

Devil's Advocate

I don't like their ground or their pitch so i'm planning to give this one a miss.

Thinking of going to watch Lye play their first league game in the new division they've been promoted to.

3Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield (A) Sat Aug 02 2014, 19:25

oldhillglassboy

With the cricket I had in mind being washed out I decided to go to this, I won't be rushing back in a hurry!

This match was awful with neither side very good and the pitch had a lot to do with that I think. I don't know if 3G pitches always play like this but if they do i'll give them a miss, brown dirt leaping up every time the ball bounced.

Sutton went 1-0 up when Coleman and the defender where within a yard of the ball and almost allowed the striker to take it off them, it got to ramsey-dickson who seemed to fall over and the ball was placed into the net. Ramsey-dickson equalised with a goalmouth scramble, then we went 2-1 up with a bizare own goal at the start of the second half before giving away a penalty, the way the match had gone I half expected him to put it about 10 yards over the bar, but it went straight into the top corner, probably the best bit of play in the match!

The defending was ropey at times and without Benbow there was no threat up front. Thought Rock did oaky when he came on and and most players put shifts in, but I have to say this match will not live in the memory at all! and to think we have to do it all over again next week, playing on that again won't do the players much good.

I know friendlys are treated as a bit of a joke these days with the constant changing of players, but it comes to something when the officials use it as pre season trianing too, the linesman from the first half refereed the second and vice versa!

4Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield (A) Sat Aug 02 2014, 19:47

Jack

Jack
Admin

Was on the radio that Luke is expected back next week. So to establish, we will go into our first 2 games in 3 days with 1 striker with 1 game in how many months? Ermm?  Laughing 

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

5Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield (A) Sat Aug 02 2014, 20:35

baz

Still can not work out why we play there,noticed Halesowen are playing Hednesford Tuesday,FC United were at Telford today,why cant we get games like these to test the players,still we wont moan as long as we win in the league.

6Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield (A) Sat Aug 02 2014, 20:37

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jack wrote:Was on the radio that Luke is expected back next week. So to establish, we will go into our first 2 games in 3 days with 1 striker with 1 game in how many months? Ermm?  Laughing 

Dont worry Jack, we will get it sorted in January.  Very Happy 

7Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield (A) Sun Aug 03 2014, 00:51

Devil's Advocate

I'm getting more concerned with every passing week.

Those first two very tough away games at Kings Lynn and Ilkeston will show whether we're up to the task this season,at this moment i'm not confident.

I can't get my head around this stubbornness to invest in another proven striker,there is no way we will get promoted or even top five if we are going to rely on Benbow and Brown.

I would suggest that whoever does succeed in the division will have a twin strike force who each notch 20-25 league goals and a third striker who rotates with them and get's 10-15 of his own.

We have the money to fix this issue so let's do it now.

8Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield (A) Sun Aug 03 2014, 08:26

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

We will learn from our mistakes of last season!

It appears nothing learned at all.

9Sutton Coldfield (A) Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield (A) Mon Aug 04 2014, 15:12

stour_boy

stour_boy

Many of our past 'gems' have been discovered very close to the start of the season.

Fingers crossed that we managed to unearth one before a week on Saturday...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum