Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solihull on Tues

+3
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
Brian Handy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solihull on Tues Empty Solihull on Tues Thu Jul 24 2014, 13:32

Brian Handy

Just to let you know that the stewards have received a text message informing us that the game on tues has been cancelled.

No reason has been given, but I was at the ground yesterday and they were repairing the floodlights.
The machinery they were using was pretty heavy and they were worried about the pitch (remember the tree cutting last year).
There were some groove marks already present down the stand side (not as severe as last year) so it may to get these repaired first that the game has been called off.

I must stress this is all unofficial at the moment, but I thought it worth giving you a heads up.

2Solihull on Tues Empty Re: Solihull on Tues Thu Jul 24 2014, 14:52

brockmoor

brockmoor

Upgrading the lights....
Now tell me, how long have we had from end of last season to start of this?
 Embarassed 

3Solihull on Tues Empty Re: Solihull on Tues Thu Jul 24 2014, 22:38

Devil's Advocate

Clive said tonight it's definitely off.

The reason the work has been done so close to pre season is that the club were been granted the money by the FA ( i think ) and that the work could only be done once the grant cheque arrived,i presume this is because we would have been deemed to have done the work ourself if we'd done it in advance of this free cash arriving.

Dissapointing non the less,a nice evening,a 400+ crowd and healthy bar takings will now probably be lost nullifying the grant money.

Clive is trying to rearrange the match to be played at Solihull next Tuesday.

4Solihull on Tues Empty Re: Solihull on Tues Thu Jul 24 2014, 23:02

brockmoor

brockmoor

Fair enough. 

FA could have put a first class stamp on it though!

Very Happy 

5Solihull on Tues Empty Re: Solihull on Tues Fri Jul 25 2014, 09:14

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

On the bright side (no pun intended) the new lights are really impressive and much brighter than last season. Ian and I popped in last night when we saw that they were on.

http://www.nibadges.com

6Solihull on Tues Empty Re: Solihull on Tues Fri Jul 25 2014, 09:30

dave w

Devil's Advocate wrote:Clive said tonight it's definitely off.

The reason the work has been done so close to pre season is that the club were been granted the money by the FA ( i think ) and that the work could only be done once the grant cheque arrived,i presume this is because we would have been deemed to have done the work ourself if we'd done it in advance of this free cash arriving.

Dissapointing non the less,a nice evening,a 400+ crowd and healthy bar takings will now probably be lost nullifying the grant money.

Clive is trying to rearrange the match to be played at Solihull next Tuesday.

Yesss.

Says the man who lives ten minutes from Solihull's ground.

7Solihull on Tues Empty Re: Solihull on Tues Fri Jul 25 2014, 20:15

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Isn't it beyond the bounds of possibility to predict the likely damage caused by heavy machinery and put down a temporary protection or roadway?

8Solihull on Tues Empty Re: Solihull on Tues Mon Jul 28 2014, 15:47

stour_boy

stour_boy

UlsterJim wrote:On the bright side (no pun intended) the new lights are really impressive and much brighter than last season.  Ian and I popped in last night when we saw that they were on.

But how did the pitch look?

Next game for me is Whitby on the 16th as a result of this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]