Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chesham away.

+14
Taniwha
oldhillglassboy
baz
stour_boy
Brian Handy
Jane.N
TRM
UlsterJim
Ploptops
brockmoor
lyelad
Jack
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 08:38

Taniwha

I wasn't at the game unfortunately due to family commitments but what a result, well done lads. Great to hear we were the better side throughout again as this little run of form couldn't be better timed.

Now our destiny is own hands, win both remaining games we're there. That's all you can ask for at this stage of the season. I can't make the Banbury game as I'm away and my plans for the Hitchin game have been vetoed (still trying though) so I do hope we make it as I want 2 more games (hopefully) that I can make it to.

52Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 08:41

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I am absolutely desperate to be proved wrong about we will not make the play offs fact.
Never more shall I enjoy eating humble pie and I hope it's an absolutely massive piece. Very Happy 

53Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 09:08

Jane.N

That was just bloody brilliant! : )

54Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 09:49

baz

Some good photos online,dont know how to do links but found it on chesham forum,Bruce and DY9 Stour are doin some moves after the goal! Maybe go on a talent show as a double act lol

55Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 09:52

TRM

Here you go...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stuarttree/sets/72157644160989245/

56Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 09:56

TRM

The other thing that I meant to mention from yesterday was our discipline. There was a stage late in the first half when we'd already had two booked and things seemed to be going against us a bit. Then Sean got a yellow for dissent and you got the feeling we could end up in trouble if we weren't careful. Don't know if Gary said anything at half time but we sorted ourselves out and it was never an issue in the second half.

57Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 10:20

DY9 Stour

You could say i was rather pleased with the Geddes winner!..fantastic away performance..well done to all..now let's finish the job..WE ARE STOURBRIDGE

58Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 12:06

baz

What a p@@s poor write up about the match in the NLP.

59Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 14:03

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Great pics

http://www.nibadges.com

60Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 15:10

Brian Handy

Agree with all the posts so far, a brilliant performance from 1 to 11. During the game there was never a time when I felt Chesham were looking like scoring or that we could not win. Even in the 10 or so mins when traditionally leading by 1 goal we give our supporters a few heart palpitations we remained in full control. An excellent team performance and superb support as usual.

MotM went to Chris Knight with 11 votes , Leon & Sean 3 each , Louis & Ben 2 each.

Wine was won by Simon Broadhead.

61Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 16:01

TRM

Dead right about the NLP, Baz. Why anybody reading a match report of Chesham v Stour would want to know how good Hemel have been for 3/4 of it is beyond me...

Thoroughly deserved MotM for Knightly. If he'd been playing at the back all season he'd be a leading contender for PotY in my view. Nothing short of a revelation.

62Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 01:51

NickSFCB

Cracking pictures. Love the sheer passion in the face of Villa Paul (Dy9) and Bruce's celebratory dance. Let's hope there's more to show on Monday. COYG

63Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 09:47

DY9 Stour

The 'Big Goals' require a 'Big Celebration' Nick  Very Happy 

64Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 11:23

stoursi

Great team performance and we deserved our victory.

Thought every player contributed but have to agree that knight was outstanding at the back with Leon not far behind.

Think Harris makes a difference to the midfield by giving us a bit of edge and also quite good in the air.

Have to admit I had concerns over Dean in goal and when Gary signed Bateman thought he would go straight in the team. Have to give Dean credit as he seems to have knuckled down and now looks a completely different keeper.

Well done to the players and management for giving us supporters another good day out.

65Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Mon Apr 21 2014, 21:40

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

stoursi wrote:

Have to admit I had concerns over Dean in goal and when Gary signed Bateman thought he would go straight in the team. Have to give Dean credit as he seems to have knuckled down and now looks a completely different keeper.

Is this the difference between a keeper who knows he's guaranteed a place and one who knows he's got competition?

66Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 15:42

TRM

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
stoursi wrote:

Is this the difference between a keeper who knows he's guaranteed a place and one who knows he's got competition?

I don't think he has got "competition". I assume Bateman was only signed up just before the deadline so that we had a back-up keeper available in case Dean got injured or suspended. He's been playing for somebody else lately, but I'm blowed if I can remember who.

I think it's just a case of Dean regaining his confidence after a bit of a shaky spell, both for him personally and the team as a whole. No coincidence he's performing well again when our defence looks as secure as it has for a long time.

67Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 16:30

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
stoursi wrote:

I don't think he has got "competition". I assume Bateman was only signed up just before the deadline so that we had a back-up keeper available in case Dean got injured or suspended. He's been playing for somebody else lately, but I'm blowed if I can remember who.

I think it's just a case of Dean regaining his confidence after a bit of a shaky spell, both for him personally and the team as a whole. No coincidence he's performing well again when our defence looks as secure as it has for a long time.

Bateman is at Evesham i believe.

68Chesham away. - Page 3 Empty Re: Chesham away. Tue Apr 22 2014, 18:59

TRM

His SL registration would have been transferred to us from Evesham, so he can't still be with them. I'm sure I've read his name playing for another team in another League - NPL or Midland Alliance, perhaps - so on a dual registration.

I think he lost his place at Evesham to the lad who played against us in the WSC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum