Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bashley on Tuesday night

+7
baz
Brian Handy
Mintcake
Devil's Advocate
stour_boy
stoursi
TRM
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 06:58

Aled

Well done boys. Onwards....

52Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 09:47

rasam

well done stourbridge, so its not all doom and gloom as some would suggest. baz you would never make a journalist as i checked the updates last night on my way to work and was somwhat amazed by what i was seeing concerning availability of players. i hear that the weather was atrocious so well done to those that travelled to the game.

53Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 10:14

baz

As i stated these new posh Prospect coaches have a side door and some players got on there lol and did not have a stop so could not see all the players,i leave people better qualified to write about the match and will be off to specsavers later lol

54Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 12:39

stoursi

Started brightly on what was a heavy pitch with light rain blowing across the pitch.

Luke and Drew both scored with good finishes. Luke perhaps has an easier chance in the first half after rounding the keeper but went to fair wide and then when he crossed it didnt pick a Stour player out. After scoring the two goals it appeared as long as we kept the ball we would win the game. Luke again nearly got sent off for a late tackle but only received a yellow card.

Got to admit Bashley looked a very young side with perhaps not much experience but you can only beat what is put in front of you.

Second half started in heavy rain which obviously made the pitch worse. Again i think we started off as though the match was won.

Leon went sliding into a tackle in our area and you knew what was going to happen and they scored the pen. For the next five minutes we looked shaky at the back and in midfield.

We needed the extra goal and we got that from a good header by Leon from a good free kick from Sean. From then on the match was won and you got to hope the rain didnt cause the match to abandoned.

Fourth goal a scramble in the box and on the line and Knight claimed the goal.

Much needed three points on a long journey which was made even longing by after diversion we came across on the M40.

55Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 13:37

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Even bearing in mind it was a young and inexperienced Bashley side it was a good performance bearing the atrocious conditions - certainly looking at the pitch at the end of the game, two hours earlier and the game wouldn't have started. Also, one of the penalty areas looked like a JCB had been driven over it.

Many thanks to the 10 people who contributed to the MotM vote. Leon won the vote whilst the supporters' draw was won by Steve Sidaway.

56Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 14:49

TRM

Can't comment much, not having been there, but any win when you've had to travel that far on a midweek evening with a few players missing and in weather conditions that sound monsoon-like is not to be sniffed at, whatever the quality of the opposition. Big praise for all concerned, including the supporters who made the trip.

Don't like to be picky after a win like that but worrying to hear that Luke picked up another booking. This was posted on the SL forum by a Bashley supporter...

"Only sour note was our young midfielder Brad Morris being helped off the pitch before half time with an ankle injury after a bad challenge from Benbow - who was perhaps fortunate only to get a yellow card."

Coming so soon after his red card at Truro this needs sorting out. You could understand the frustration in that game when we were losing, not playing well, and Luke wasn't getting any kind of service - doesn't make it right, but you can see how it might happen.

But when you're 2-0 up and presumably relatively comfortable, there can be no excuse, surely. If he'd got sent off last night he would have been looking at a huge ban when we can ill-afford to be without him.

On the other hand, I'm perfectly happy for those who were actually there to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

57Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 14:59

baz

Dont think was intentional,with Luke being so quick,his feet moved quicker than his brain! Looked over the ball and a definite yellow,the ref was not to far away and was not a melee of players after the incident,the young lad did look in a bit of pain.

58Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 15:02

TRM

Verdict from one of our officials...

"Caution was harsh as the lad cleared the ball and kicked bottom of Luke's foot! Assessor behind me said no caution warranted."

Two sides to every story! I take back what I said, though I still think Luke needs to just think a bit sometimes - the one at Truro certainly could have been avoided.

59Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 15:14

TRM

I meant to ask, how did we line up last night. Was Leon at left back? Knight and Benbow in attack, Brown on the left? Ben in the middle with Sean, and Drew on the right?

60Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 15:32

baz

Sounds about rite,not that i am an expert lol

61Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 15:36

baz

Not sure how an assessor can give a call,when he was nowere need the incident,as stated the young lad was in a bit of pain and did not look the sort to make a meal of it.

62Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 15:43

TRM

Wouldn't know, Baz - but in general terms it's perfectly possible for a player to be badly injured without a foul having been committed.

63Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:14

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

TRM wrote:I meant to ask, how did we line up last night. Was Leon at left back? Knight and Benbow in attack, Brown on the left? Ben in the middle with Sean, and Drew on the right?

Leon at centre half with Netan at left back. Brown and Canavan on the wings, Sean and Ben in the middle.

64Bashley on Tuesday night - Page 3 Empty Re: Bashley on Tuesday night Wed Jan 22 2014, 17:20

TRM

Interesting set-up at the back. I've often wondered if Leon might end up as a centre-back. He reads the game well and his positional discipline is always good. When he's had to fill in there on occasions he's never let anybody down. Maybe lacks a fraction in height but other than that I think he could do a job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum