Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Netan Sansara Signs from Boston

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 15:25

Devil's Advocate

Former Walsall defender Netan Sansara who has just been called up by India has today signed for us from Boston.

Welcome Netan,i hope you're the first of a few newcomers.

PS…..I'm still quicker than Twitter TRM :- )

2Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 15:29

Devil's Advocate

Sansara told the chairman he was "Hitchin" to get started at Stour.

I'll get my coat….. :-(

3Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 15:43

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

I hope he doesn't think he will ne playing at The San Sera!

http://www.nibadges.com

4Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 15:44

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:Former Walsall defender Netan Sansara who has just been called up by India has today signed for us from Boston.

I read it on twitter before I texted you, so TRM Beat you again na na na na.

http://www.nibadges.com

5Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 18:33

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:Former Walsall defender Netan Sansara who has just been called up by India has today signed for us from Boston.

It was on Twitter just after 1pm. You're miles behind, DA!

Although, to be fair, one should make allowances for fading eyesight and the onset of senility at your age...

6Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:08

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:

It was on Twitter just after 1pm. You're miles behind, DA!

Although, to be fair, one should make allowances for fading eyesight and the onset of senility at your age...

Wasn't on the fan's forum or the club website TRM,these are far more important than the pretentious tool you're playing around with.

7Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:22

Jack

Jack
Admin

A twitter account of over a thousand followers is more important than a fans forum with 107 members, if I say so myself..

Last edited by Jack on Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:35; edited 1 time in total

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

8Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:32

TRM

From a practical point of view, Twitter takes about 10 seconds to do when I'm sitting on the bog or when the boss isn't around. Updating the website or (less so) posting on the forum takes a bit longer and isn't always so easy to do at work.

I tweeted the news of the new signing just after 1pm with the comment that full details would be on the website later. It's on the website now - first thing I did when I'd got back from work and had my tea. It's not a case of one or the other - had I not had twitter to use then you wouldn't have got it on the website any quicker - you just wouldn't have had ANY official news of it at all until this evening. Apologies for the unacceptable delay!

If Twitter ain't for you then so be it, but it's a huge tool for any organisation to keep in touch with its customers (in a football club's case, its fans - hate the word customers in the football context). The club twitter has over 1,000 followers and compared with other clubs at our level that's small beer. We should have a lot more. In short we are far better off having it and using it properly than not having it at all.

I had one tweet today from a fan who is pleased that we'll be tweeting live match scores from now on as his 88 year old father can't get to matches and it will enable him to keep in touch. That's just one example of what it's about. I've had another tweet from a local club saying "about bloody time", or words to that effect.

EDIT - In other words, wot Jack said!

9Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:38

TRM

Just had a tweet from a Boston supporter...

"Good signing! Sansara was very popular down York Street with us Boston fans and I doubt your fans will be disappointed."

10Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:48

TRM

DA and Jack - you both have PMs

11Netan Sansara Signs from Boston  Empty Re: Netan Sansara Signs from Boston Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:58

TRM

Since I posted the story on the club website, Nigel has fleshed it out, including a quote from Gary, and added a photo of Netan.

Don't think that's too bad from "spare timers" at a seventh tier club!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum