Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

St Neots away.

+4
StourLeedsMark
PhilC
TRM
Devil's Advocate
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1St Neots away. Empty St Neots away. Fri Dec 27 2013, 13:59

Devil's Advocate

I shall be away in Welsh Wales where the men are real men and the sheep are extremely nervous!

Any text updates or forum updates will be much appreciated.

2St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Fri Dec 27 2013, 15:26

TRM

Think it's unlikely I'll be there. Family stuff. Will be reliant on texts from somebody or other.

Disappointed to miss it because it should be a good game on one of the best surfaces in the League, if last season is anything to go by. They had a bad couple of months to start but have picked up since bringing in Arlesey's manager. They've also brought back Shane Tolley who scored a lot of goals for them with Mackey and Moore as they came up to the Premier Division, and he's scored in his first 2 games back.

Can definitely see us winning it but would be surprised if there's more than one goal in it either way.

3St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Fri Dec 27 2013, 22:17

Devil's Advocate

As stated i won't be at the match but i can confirm i've already voted for my man of the match and made sure it's not Sean Geddes.

Thanks for your attention.

4St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 01:28

PhilC

I'll try and put the goals on here as they fly in

5St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 15:34

PhilC

One up - geddes pen

6St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 15:35

StourLeedsMark

MOTM? ;-)

7St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 15:55

Forza

Half time scores from today.

AFC Totton 1-2 Bideford
Banbury 0-1 Burnham
Biggleswade Town 1-1 Cambridge City
Chesham 2-1 Arlesey
Corby 0-1 Hemel Hempstead
Frome 0-0 Weymouth
Hungerford 2-0 St. Albans
Redditch 0-0 Bedford
St. Neots 0-1 Stourbridge
Truro 2-0 Bashley

Last edited by Forza on Sat Dec 28 2013, 16:00; edited 1 time in total

8St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 15:56

PhilC

1-0 half time. Pretty even but we showed signs of getting on top last 10 mins. Debatable penalty - I thought the keeper made contact with Ryan but he was quick to go down

9St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 16:34

PhilC

St Neots down to ten men

10St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 16:45

PhilC

1-1. Been coming. No-one controlling the game

11St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 17:01

PhilC

Finished 1-1. Disappointing second half.

12St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 17:15

brockmoor

brockmoor

Havent been able to get to St Neots today so cant really comment on the game.

I just wandered what everyones thoughts are today. Is it a good point at St Neots? Im not sure if we should be doing better? 1-0 up away from home its disappointing not to win the game I guess, especially when Neots were down to 10 men for the last quarter of the game.

Looking at the results that St Neots have had against the teams around us in the league this season, it looks like it could be 2pts dropped?

St Neots 2-3 St Albans
Poole 2-0 St Neots
St Neots 3-4 Biggleswade
St Neots 4-1 Hemel
Bideford 3-2 St Neots
Hemel 2-0 St Neots
St Neots 1-2 Cambridge United

Our Boxing Day opponents even beat St Neots!
St Neots 2-3 Redditch

Five wins from eleven away games isnt to bad, especially when a number of our away games have been in midweek. But teams around us do seem to do a little better than us away from home.

RED ARMY

13St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sat Dec 28 2013, 22:07

PhilC

We should have won today against a pretty average St Neots, but we didn't deserve too. We can't win the league and I expect wins at home and draws away will scrape us into the play offs, but there's no doubt iin my mind that we are not playing anywhere near as well as last season and are carrying too many passengers. I haven't seen any of the home game demolitions, and to be honest I can't imagine how we have scored 7 and 5 in the last two home games.

14St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sun Dec 29 2013, 06:54

Taniwha

I wasn't at the game and only managed to catch the 2nd half commentary on the Bridge but from what I heard of it St Neots deserved the point.

It's always disappointing to concede when the opposition are down to 10 men but so many times they up their game in that situation and unfortunately it happened yesterday.

On the positive side, that's 3 games unbeaten and a draw when we didn't play too well (on the basis of what I heard on the radio).

15St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sun Dec 29 2013, 13:28

TRM

All sounds wearily familiar...

16St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Sun Dec 29 2013, 14:08

Brian Handy

Disappointing not to get all 3 points, especially after they were reduced to 10 men.
Ironically , after being second best for most of the 2nd half up till then, the sending off seemed to galvanise them into action.
We had a number of let offs before they equalised and in the end a draw was a fair result.

We had some good spells of football in both halves when we created chances but failed to put them away and credit to their keeper who pulled off one excellent save.
It was good to see Sam Rock coming on for the last 15 mins.

At this stage of the season , with only Hemel & possibly Cambridge of the top placed teams having any great consistency, I see no reason to believe we cannot make the play offs.
As Phil says a run of home wins and away draws could see us get there and then? who knows.

MotM was Sean with 7 votes, Ryan received 3, Will & Nathan 2 each.

Wine was won by Dave Gorton.

17St Neots away. Empty Re: St Neots away. Mon Dec 30 2013, 20:52

TRM

Highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlZHr8AAcOk&feature=youtu.be

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum