Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is it about...

+4
NickSFCB
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
TRM
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is it about... Empty What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 10:06

TRM

...clubs that play in some variation of Black and white that makes me not be able to stand any of them?

Hednesford, Corby, Grantham, Cambridge City...

2What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 10:48

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:...clubs that play in some variation of Black and white that makes me not be able to stand any of them?

Is it because they remind you of the Daily Mail? :-)

3What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 11:17

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:...clubs that play in some variation of Black and white that makes me not be able to stand any of them?

Is it because they remind you of the Daily Mail? :-)
Or maybe The Express.

4What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:19

NickSFCB

Through Newcastle United in the mix. (Everyones second club who love a goalscoring number9) Mad 

5What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:36

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Surely this is off topic lol.

http://www.nibadges.com

6What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:44

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

UlsterJim wrote:Surely this is off topic lol.
You'd have thought so Ulster.....only off topic when I start a thread.Very Happy 

7What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:48

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
UlsterJim wrote:Surely this is off topic lol.
You'd have thought so Ulster.....only off topic when I start a thread.Very Happy 

Yes boys,very sup rising error by TRM with the positioning of this thread.

He's normally so "black and white" about these things!

8What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 13:04

Aled

Stour had a black and white change strip back in the early 90's mate Cool 

9What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 13:06

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

I'm sure TRM used to have a soft spot for Port Vale when he was at North Staffs Poly.

http://www.nibadges.com

10What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 13:08

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:Stour had a black and white change strip back in the early 90's mate Cool 
Aah but with a hint of red Aled.

Actually it was my preferred away strip for Stour,it was like the one the great Liverpool side of the late 70's and 80's used,i'm not a fan of this hideous green and yellow one we use now.

As an Albion fan i actually like green and yellow for an away strip BUT in a striped shirt NOT a solid yellow.

I hope stour return to their old away colours next season,i also preferred it when we didn't have red shorts with the home kit.

11What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 13:15

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Aled wrote:Stour had a black and white change strip back in the early 90's mate Cool 
Aah but with a hint of red Aled.

Actually it was my preferred away strip for Stour,it was like the one the great Liverpool side of the late 70's and 80's used,i'm not a fan of this hideous green and yellow one we use now.

As an Albion fan i actually like green and yellow for an away strip BUT in a striped shirt NOT a solid yellow.

I hope stour return to their old away colours next season,i also preferred it when we didn't have red shorts with the home kit.
Lets hope Stourbridge football club change home and away kits accordingly just to keep Devil satisfied.

12What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 13:22

TRM

Change kits don't count. We should go back to that, imo. Tradition rules!!!

13What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 13:37

TRM

UlsterJim wrote:I'm sure TRM used to have a soft spot for Port Vale when he was at North Staffs Poly.
Still do. The exception that proves the rule!

Besides, I was only really talking about NL teams.

14What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 15:57

Aled

Grantham...friendly bunch weren't they!

15What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 16:34

TRM

Aled wrote:Grantham...friendly bunch weren't they!
And Hednesford. And Corby.

16What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 22:01

TRM

Until relatively recently we always played in white shorts as our "first choice", apart from maybe one or two seasons around the end of the 70s when I seem to recall black shorts - or maybe that was a "mix and match" for away games when we needed to change our shorts but not our shirts.

I've not really got any strong feelings on that one, but I've never really liked the yellow/green combo. The current kit in particular doesn't really have anything to break it up, other than the sponsors logo, badge and numbers on the back. I'd rather see something with a bit of a contrasting colour. Remember when we had the yellow shirts with the dark blue band across the middle (mid 90s?) and dark blue shorts? Quite liked that one.

Btw, if this is going to move on to discussing our kits, could Jack move it back to "On Topic"? Wink 

17What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 22:11

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Until relatively recently we always played in white shorts as our "first choice", apart from maybe one or two seasons around the end of the 70s when I seem to recall black shorts - or maybe that was a "mix and match" for away games when we needed to change our shorts but not our shirts.

I've not really got any strong feelings on that one, but I've never really liked the yellow/green combo. The current kit in particular doesn't really have anything to break it up, other than the sponsors logo, badge and numbers on the back. I'd rather see something with a bit of a contrasting colour. Remember when we had the yellow shirts with the dark blue band across the middle (mid 90s?) and dark blue shorts? Quite liked that one.

Btw, if this is going to move on to discussing our kits, could Jack move it back to "On Topic"? Wink 
I was told Gary insisted on the yellow/green,perhaps it's due to his Albion heritage.

Even as a commercial item to sell to fans and especially kids a plain yellow shirt is a god awful choice,i hope we can have some input to get some really classy looking options for next season and a return to our traditional colours both home and away.

Perhaps a third kit especially reserved for our six FA Cup games per season.

18What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 22:33

TRM

I'm as certain as I can be that we switched from white/black to yellow/blue for the 93/94 season. I'm sure the first game in yellow was at Dover in the 1993 SL Championship Match.

Couldn't say when yellow/blue became yellow/green.

19What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Mon Nov 18 2013, 23:17

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:I'm as certain as I can be that we switched from white/black to yellow/blue for the 93/94 season. I'm sure the first game in yellow was at Dover in the 1993 SL Championship Match.

Under "Sir Gary" i was told.

20What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Tue Nov 19 2013, 07:10

TRM

Wonder why he didn't insist we go the whole hog with yellow and green stripes?

Probably a good move though, not to identify ourselves too closely with the Baggies and disenchant the Wolves lot.

21What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Fri Dec 27 2013, 23:10

stour_boy

stour_boy

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:I'm as certain as I can be that we switched from white/black to yellow/blue for the 93/94 season. I'm sure the first game in yellow was at Dover in the 1993 SL Championship Match.

Under "Sir Gary" i was told.

I thought it was at the request of our kit sponsor at the time, Caterers Club. I'll double check my facts with those in the know at the next home match...

22What is it about... Empty Re: What is it about... Sat Dec 28 2013, 01:34

PhilC

So what can we do to get us back in white and black, short of sacking Gary? Anyone mentioned this to the powers that be?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum