Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Ferriby

+11
oldhillglassboy
PhilC
Jack
UlsterJim
brockmoor
Aled
Jane.N
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Dave the Glassboy
baz
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:26

baz

Never thought i would see such a one sided match after seein Worcester v Leamington other night,but like buses two have turned up! Well done to the players for today,on the subject of players we all have our favourites but i dont try to be to hard on any of them as they all have different qualities!

27North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:27

TRM

Good job we weren't playing the whole of Ferriby!

28North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:34

Aled

I trust you're kidding stoursi, with your philosophy we'll have about 20 people roaring the lads on at stevenage!

29North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:41

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:As Jack said we were battered today and they should have won by a mile.

We never gave up and that is a credit to the players. Thought Jamie was stupid in giving the pen away but after that played well.

Not sure if I agree with the comments about Aaron as he is two footed therefore will be always moved around. Thought he did well but perhaps more credit to their number 7.

Again we didn't compete for the second ball which was always against us however I thought Leon made some crucial tackles at the right time.

For once I agree we missed Nathan at the back to give us a bit of confidence. Jamie and will look a bit uneasy.

Bench looked a bit short on quality. Sorry DA but how you can say what you do about Fitz to me is unthinkable. One of the worst players I have seen in a stour shirt. No way he is in front of Ben and Drew and you are the one who gives Rocky stick. He is better on one leg than Fitz.

George made a difference and I wish Gary had used him more. Great cross and we need that supply but it looks like he will be out for a while now.

For me only those attending North Ferriby should get tickets for Stevenage.

Instead of having these little digs at me about my opinions on certain players on the forum it would be refreshing if you actually made yourself known at a match and discussed in person……i haven't a clue who you are!?

Canavan frustrates me,theres no doubt he has the ability to whip in a cross of quality but for my money he doesn't win tackles,rarely wins a header and doesn't track back well enough and if you think Fitz is as bad as you say he is then you simply haven't watched enough football at Amblecote.

I put Rock in the same category as Canavan although i do accept that every five or six games he can produce a bit of magic that's beyond most of our other players.

30North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:42

Aled

Apologies for the double posts, additional words and spelling mistakes folks, one of the pit falls of posting via phone and fat fingers!

31North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:49

TRM

Surely we're all capable of disagreeing with each other without introducing a personal element into it?

For what it's worth, I see Drew as a player who can give you something extra when you're on top of a game. However, if you're under the cosh, like today, it's a different story. I would put Rocky in a similar category. Fitz is not a wide player and isn't effective out there again unless we're in control of a game. I would have been happy with him in the middle today alongside Sean and Leon, and with Luke on his own up front. It might have given us a bit more of a foothold in the match.

32North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 21:00

brockmoor

brockmoor

Everyone has different opinions. affraid

Fitz isnt a wide player, a little like Wurzel isnt a left back. Neutral 

Last edited by brockmoor on Sat Nov 16 2013, 21:07; edited 2 times in total

33North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 21:02

Taniwha

Unfortunately I couldn't make it today as I had to go into work, which is even more annoying as the next game I can make is Stevenage (maybe Weymouth if I'm lucky).

Sounds like it was very much a case of having to dig in deep for this one so well done to the lads! Whilst a replay (especially all the way up there) isn't ideal, the decision not to enter the league cup, for me, is looking like a very good one now.

34North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 21:06

TRM

North Ferriby play in North Ferriby. South Ferriby, perhaps logically, is on the other side of the Humber

35North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 21:09

brockmoor

brockmoor

TRM wrote:North Ferriby play in North Ferriby. South Ferriby, perhaps logically, is on the other side of the Humber
No full stop.

Tut tut. affraid 

36North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 21:10

TRM

I must admit, I noticed that as I was clicking on "send", and then I thought, sod it, let's live dangerously!

37North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 21:16

Stourbridge81

Thought we carried too many passengers today, but great spirit shown to get a result, even if we have a replay that we don't particularly need. Drew had an excellent game last week I thought, but today, when we were up against it, he went missing for long spells. I must admit, not the biggest fan of Fitzpatrick, tends to try and do too much for my liking. If he kept his game simple I think he could add a lot, as clearly got ability. Don't think Aaron at full back works, he must play further forward or not at all. Hope Washbourne injury isn't too bad, as there are good signs and the cross for the equaliser was class.

38North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:11

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Surely we're all capable of disagreeing with each other without introducing a personal element into it?

For what it's worth, I see Drew as a player who can give you something extra when you're on top of a game. However, if you're under the cosh, like today, it's a different story. I would put Rocky in a similar category. Fitz is not a wide player and isn't effective out there again unless we're in control of a game. I would have been happy with him in the middle today alongside Sean and Leon, and with Luke on his own up front. It might have given us a bit more of a foothold in the match.

I fully agree TRM,the first few games i saw Fitz play for us was more of a midfield "holding" player and i thought he did a very good job in there.

Ask any 10 fan's and we'd all pick a different team,i accept it's about opinion,nobody will outdo me or you or Brock when it comes to being forthright but i'll never "dig you out" for your opinion and i wish other's wouldn't do it.

I'd like to know what the deal is with Wurzel to be honest.

Over the past few seasons i have to say he's been my favourite Stour player,i thought he was exceptionally talented at our level and his ability to "ghost' past players,his touch,his work rate and his eye for a goal really made him a "stand out" player in our division.

Okay,he suffered the cruciate injury,sometimes even now players never truly come back from this injury,especially at non league level when they are not treated immediately and then also they don't get the brilliant rehabilitation facilities offered to pro players.

I don't want to be harsh on Aaron because he seems like a really great lad and i loved his ability before the injury but either he's fit or he's not,there's "Chinese whispers" suggesting that he's "not fit enough to play out wide"……..if this is the case then he need's to be left out,he certainly isn't a full back.

If he IS fit enough then i hope we go 4-2-3-1 in the replay playing the following side,

Coleman

Francis/Lloyd if fit Bennett Richards Oliver

Broadhurst Fitzpatrick

Billingham Geddes Drake

Benbow

If Aaron isn't fit enough i'd put Benbow in that wider position with either Rowe up front or maybe even be radical and swop the defence around to play Richards in the most forward position as he caused them the most problems in that final 15 minutes today.

39North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:34

PhilC

I didn't understand Benbow going out wide today. Agreed with putting Will up front, but surely it should have been with Luke at the expense of Ryan? He hardly had a kick again today, same as Wednesday.

40North Ferriby - Page 2 Empty Re: North Ferriby Sun Nov 17 2013, 12:34

stoursi

Does anybody know the extent of Washbourne injury.

Also where was Agbor.

With injuries we are slowly running short of numbers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum