Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Ferriby

+11
oldhillglassboy
PhilC
Jack
UlsterJim
brockmoor
Aled
Jane.N
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Dave the Glassboy
baz
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1North Ferriby Empty North Ferriby Wed Nov 13 2013, 07:01

baz

Speaking to Sam Smith's dad last night described them like Hednesford, Enough said!

2North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Thu Nov 14 2013, 19:18

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

They're from Hull (near enough). What else would you expect?

3North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Thu Nov 14 2013, 23:29

Devil's Advocate

I'd rather face using Brockmoor's hairdresser than have to negotiate a replay against our northern opponents next Tuesday but i'm already "girding my loin's" and trying to convince myself to make the 137 mile journey.

I must admit that last night's "magical mystery tour" circumventing the A14 via Market Harborough,Lutterworth and the outskirt's of Rugby has left me feeling somewhat drained today….thank god Gary hadn't had to ask me to play as well!

IF it goes to a replay will anybody else be going?

4North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 07:16

TRM

One game we could probably all do without, players and management included. I'd like to think I'd go because the team always deserves our support, but it's a hell of a trip so I'm not so sure if I'm honest. Let's make sure we do the job first time round!

5North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 08:21

Jane.N

Would love to go to the replay ( if needed) but cant get out of work in time for a 3pm coach departure. Jack doesnt finish at king Eds til 4 on a Tuesday so any coach earlier than 4.15 we would not be able to make ie Biggleswade leaving at 4! Rolling Eyes ..'please nice club official reading this, please change the Biggleswade coach time' Very Happy 

6North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 08:24

baz

Am at gig so cant make it if replay,would of gone otherwise.

7North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 09:01

Aled

Sorry, can't be arsed. Me babbies am at ome on Saturday, so they best not be giving out vouchers for the cup game. They wanna sort themselves out or I'll be gettin meself interviewed in the stour news I'm tellin ya our kiddos.

See you at stevenage in me two team scarf I got last week, up the glassmen.

Boing boing!

8North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 12:40

brockmoor

brockmoor

Devil's Advocate wrote:I'd rather face using Brockmoor's hairdresser than have to negotiate a replay against our northern opponents next Tuesday but i'm already "girding my loin's" and trying to convince myself to make the 137 mile journey.

I must admit that last night's "magical mystery tour" circumventing the A14 via Market Harborough,Lutterworth and the outskirt's of Rugby has left me feeling somewhat drained today….thank god Gary hadn't had to ask me to play as well!

Tell me Devil, do you have to take your own bowl with you when you get your threads done, or do they supply an assortment from which you can choose? scratch 

Having thought about a possible replay I wont be going. Im flying to Dublin first thing Wednesday morning and will be up around 5am, so getting back at 1am or later Wednesday morning simply isnt on!

9North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 12:50

Devil's Advocate

brockmoor wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I'd rather face using Brockmoor's hairdresser than have to negotiate a replay against our northern opponents next Tuesday but i'm already "girding my loin's" and trying to convince myself to make the 137 mile journey.

Tell me Devil, do you have to take your own bowl with you when you get your threads done, or do they supply an assortment from which you can choose? scratch 

Having thought about a possible replay I wont be going. Im flying to Dublin first thing Wednesday morning and will be up around 5am, so getting back at 1am or later Wednesday morning simply isnt on!

Will you be flying "Hair Lingus" Brock?

10North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 12:54

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

The only airline with outside toilets!

http://www.nibadges.com

11North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 13:00

brockmoor

brockmoor

Devil's Advocate wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

No 'RyanHair'. Laughing 

12North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Fri Nov 15 2013, 13:03

Devil's Advocate

brockmoor wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

No 'RyanHair'. Laughing 
ROFL……Classic reply mate.

Nathan uses "Cunny Lingus" i believe!

13North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 16:40

Aled

Currently 1-1. Benbow equalizer in last few minutes. They are down to 10 men now too. Not there myself but apparently them they am proper northern lol

14North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 16:53

Aled

2-1 down

15North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 16:53

Aled

2-1 down

16North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 16:57

Aled

2-2!

17North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 17:01

Aled

Finished 2-2. We'll done boys, and cheers to the android for keeping part timers like myself informed.

18North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 17:19

Jack

Jack
Admin

Well done to the boys for keeping at it right till the end again. At the end of the day that's virtually a point against 2nd place team in the league above.

However, they absolutely battered us. Whether it was us being bad or them being good I don't know, but they really should have been out of sight a long time ago!

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

19North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 17:22

PhilC

Travesty of a result. They were far better than us in every department. Credit to the lads for battling till the end - cracking cross by Washbourne for the equaliser. As quick to close us down and strong as they were, we didn't help ourselves by not being able to keep the ball or have any pattern to our play. Too many players were passengers. Fear for Tuesday night!

20North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 17:40

Devil's Advocate

Where do i start!?

Were we just plain awful for most of the game or were they just a well organised bunch of spoiler's who also possessed decent ability and nous!?

I thought were were naive at times and played into their hand's,some of our passing was so bad it was unbelievable,why the continual long ball to Rowe and Benbow……..it's not rocket science,if you're going to use that tactic the ball needs to be going in behind the full backs when you play with small forward's like we do yet we just kept feeding their centre back's with easy ball.

I was disappointed with Drew's performance today,surely Ben and him could have been switched wings after 30 minutes when it plainly wasn't working.

Unless slightly injured i couldn't see why Fitz wasn't brought in to add physicality to the midfield,a topic i keep banging on about,we got steamrollered at times today by a very fit and physical side,we don't seem to possess the same sort of power once you get past three of our back four.

Wurzel struggled again today but why was he at left back when we had Francis on the bench and why was it so late before Francis got on the pitch?

The loss of Nathan from the team was significant today,the calm and control he bring's was much needed,it looked like a grenade had been rolled into our box every time NF attacked us.

But,despite the fact they hit the woodwork on numerous ocaissions,had a goal disallowed and could easily have had ten today we get a draw because the lads showed spirit and kept going,Will Richards once again popping up with a last minute goal,personally i thought he should have been up front for most of the second half,once he was up there they looked a lot less comfortable at the back.

So to Tuesday night's replay.

I think we need to make changes,hopefully with Nathan back and Francis in the team we can have a better looking back line.

For me it's time we saw Wurzel back in his best position out wide,he's either fit enough to play there or he doesn't play at all and with him in the side Drew can take a break.

I hope we approach the game with an attacking intent and get on the front foot,NF enjoy the physical battle but don't look so comfortable once players are running at them and putting them under pressure.

This sort of side is just the sort of test we face more regularly should we ever reach Skrill North,we need to prove to ourselves on Tuesday that we are up to the task.

I hope to be there.

COYGB.

21North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 18:11

oldhillglassboy

Well done lads for somehow snatching a draw, that feels like a win!, yes we where poor but they where pretty good and demonstrated why they are doing well, strong and organised at the back and some skill up front, also if we ever (hears hoping) make it to conference two, it shows how tough it would be as Leamington and Gosport's league position testify.

Back to the game, North Ferriby should have been approaching double figures, and where superior in every department, it didn't help giving away a soft penalty, the bloke was nearly hauled down for one a split second before, then it looked like Oliver handled on the floor, had the shot that rattled the underside of the crossbar gone in it would have been pretty much over.  

Started the second half a little better but they where soon on our case again and it was last ditch stuff, many times.  Benbow's equaliser went straight through a whole host of body's and after the red card for questioning the referee's parentage, for I assume giving a free kick on the edge of the box instead of a penalty, I thought we'd nick it after everything that had happened! the chip over Coleman looked comfortably in then it somehow bounced a bit at the last and clipped the bar, then he dropped the ball  at their attacker's feet and it was given offside, and just before the corner they went 2-1 up from, how they didn't score? our second goal was certainly celebrated with gusto, great ball in and another good Richards header.

A difficult game to referee, but I thought he didn't get much wrong,  we might get a good hiding at their place, we can certainly play better than today, but i don't see that being enough and we are well over the 9 lives limit in the FA trophy this season! we could and should have lost all 3 games. certainly today was the biggest battering i've seen in the last 5 years of non-league where the dominant team hasn't won.

22North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 18:43

TRM

Tough, tough game where we were second best throughout but never gave up. Massive credit to the lads for keeping going to the end, but I wonder how many of them were really "congratulating" Will after his goal given the journey we now have to make on Tuesday?!! Wink 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing from some people during and after the game. Ferriby were a bunch of hoofers apparently! I honestly wonder if some people know anything about football (not that I claim to be any kind of expert) - for my money they were the best non-League team I've seen at Stour for a long time. Very solid, good passers over short and long distances, always on the move and finding space. They gave us a roasting and should have been out of sight by half time. There's nothing to be gained by pretending otherwise.

No, we didn't play well at all, but we weren't allowed to, and a lot of our poor passing and decision making was down to the lack of time we had and the pressure they put us under on the ball. I thought at Cambridge we could have played better (whilst understanding how hard it is on the players to perform after a day at work and a long journey), but today I thought we were just outplayed. We needed more in midfield and the defence needed better protection. I know people like 4-4-2, but it should have been 4-5-1 today and it should be 4-5-1 on Tuesday, depending perhaps on who is available. It might be a case of "have boots, will play"!

Whether Nathan being available would have made a difference I don't know - I certainly agree that Wurzel got found out to often, though I think Jamie would have found it hard at left back as well. Agree that we could have pushed Will up front earlier as it did cause them a different kind of problem, but that probably had as much to do with the disruption caused to their defence by one of the most stupid red cards you'll ever see - just because he was the captain didn't give him the right to argue the toss so ridiculously about a decision he couldn't possibly have seen.

Agree also about Drew and Ben being on the wrong wings - it has baffled me for ages.

Thought we were better in the second half - at least we tried to be a bit more subtle rather than relying on balls up to Luke and Ryan. No team likes to be on the back-foot and we did get at them more the longer the game went on. Again the sending off was obviously a factor in that. Luke did ok and I thought Ben got more into the game as it went on, but it was a hard one for him to make his comeback in.

But overall, as DA says, too many players were not up to a physical challenge from a stronger, fitter, faster outfit. Not necessarily a criticism but definitely a reality check as to where we stand right now.

Hoping to be able to go up to Ferriby for the replay. AA says 2 hr 32 from West Brom so will be tight. I've taken the precaution of booking Wednesday off work in case I don't get home in time due to being diverted via Ipswich or Bournemouth or something like that!

Thought it was a decent crowd for the Trophy. They brought no more than 20 so to put 100+ on top of the gate against Banbury two rounds ago is not bad going. Pointless expecting all the "extras" from last Saturday to turn out again - it just isn't going to happen.

23North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 19:22

Brian Handy

Agree with TRM, we were second best to a good team for most of the match, but full credit to the lads for never giving up battling and grabbing a late equaliser from a great cross from George.

MotM was Will with 10 votes, Luke & Dean received 6 each, Leon , Ben & Jamie 3 each.
The wine was won by Karen Hough.

24North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 19:54

stoursi

As Jack said we were battered today and they should have won by a mile.

We never gave up and that is a credit to the players. Thought Jamie was stupid in giving the pen away but after that played well.

Not sure if I agree with the comments about Aaron as he is two footed therefore will be always moved around. Thought he did well but perhaps more credit to their number 7.

Again we didn't compete for the second ball which was always against us however I thought Leon made some crucial tackles at the right time.

For once I agree we missed Nathan at the back to give us a bit of confidence. Jamie and will look a bit uneasy.

Bench looked a bit short on quality. Sorry DA but how you can say what you do about Fitz to me is unthinkable. One of the worst players I have seen in a stour shirt. No way he is in front of Ben and Drew and you are the one who gives Rocky stick. He is better on one leg than Fitz.

George made a difference and I wish Gary had used him more. Great cross and we need that supply but it looks like he will be out for a while now.

For me only those attending North Ferriby should get tickets for Stevenage.

25North Ferriby Empty Re: North Ferriby Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:20

brockmoor

brockmoor

stoursi wrote:As Jack said we were battered today and they should have won by a mile.

We never gave up and that is a credit to the players. Thought Jamie was stupid in giving the pen away but after that played well.

Not sure if I agree with the comments about Aaron as he is two footed therefore will be always moved around. Thought he did well but perhaps more credit to their number 7.

Again we didn't compete for the second ball which was always against us however I thought Leon made some crucial tackles at the right time.

For once I agree we missed Nathan at the back to give us a bit of confidence. Jamie and will look a bit uneasy.

Bench looked a bit short on quality. Sorry DA but how you can say what you do about Fitz to me is unthinkable. One of the worst players I have seen in a stour shirt. No way he is in front of Ben and Drew and you are the one who gives Rocky stick. He is better on one leg than Fitz.

George made a difference and I wish Gary had used him more. Great cross and we need that supply but it looks like he will be out for a while now.

For me only those attending North Ferriby should get tickets for Stevenage.
Im not going to Ferriby so no ticket for me!

Fitz is a better player than Drew, end of.

All footballers have different strengths. Good in the air, good at reading the game, good tackler, good passer of the ball, good man marking, good at finding space, good passer, good at set pieces etc.

Then there's Drew.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum