Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Motorway problems.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Motorway problems. Empty Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 12:01

Devil's Advocate

Just heard on the radio that the M5 has been closed between junctions 13 and 14 due to a serious accident and theres no word as to when it will re-open.

It's very chaotic on all surrounding A and B roads by all accounts.

I presume the club will be abreast of the situation but if you lot hear any news on the road re-opening could you post it on here please.

2Motorway problems. Empty Re: Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 12:14

TRM

According to the BBC it will be "several hours" before the M5 is open again, but I'm not sure when that was posted.

On a separate note, coming back from Devon on Sunday night, and going home from work last night, the matrix signs on the M5 were warning of delays on the M4 eastbound between 16 and 15. Guessing that's due to roadworks if it was the same both nights. Shouldn't affect those travelling via M5/M4 as the Chipp turn off is J17, but just thought I'd mention it.

Best route is off the M5 at J11, up to the Air Baloon then round Cirencester and down through Kemble, but it's a bit twisty-turny for the coach to go that way.

3Motorway problems. Empty Re: Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 12:19

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:According to the BBC it will be "several hours" before the M5 is open again, but I'm not sure when that was posted.

On a separate note, coming back from Devon on Sunday night, and going home from work last night, the matrix signs on the M5 were warning of delays on the M4 eastbound between 16 and 15. Guessing that's due to roadworks if it was the same both nights. Shouldn't affect those travelling via M5/M4 as the Chipp turn off is J17, but just thought I'd mention it.

Best route is off the M5 at J11, up to the Air Baloon then round Cirencester and down through Kemble, but it's a bit twisty-turny for the coach to go that way.
I normally come off at Junc 11a rather than june 11.

My point really was that they are unsure when the M5 will re-open and the knock on to all surrounding A and B roads will be considerable.

I texted Andy P about this but have not had a reply yet so it might be an idea if you had a word with whoever Rich just to make sure the club are aware of the situation.

4Motorway problems. Empty Re: Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 12:21

the nephew of god

From a purely selfish point of view, hoping there's no problems on the railway line from Weymouth to Bath so that I can be in attendance.

5Motorway problems. Empty Re: Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 12:21

TRM

I meant 11a!

6Motorway problems. Empty Re: Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 12:24

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:I meant 11a!

:-]]

7Motorway problems. Empty Re: Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 13:41

Devil's Advocate

According to Midlands Today lunchtime news the M5 has been reduced to just one lane at best in the southbound direction at junction 11a which is where we would normally branch off to get to Chippenham.

They reckon the road is due to fully re-open by around 2.30pm so hopefully by the time we hit that area it will have fully cleared but it's still worth keeping an ear open for ongoing issues.

8Motorway problems. Empty Re: Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 13:58

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:They reckon the road is due to fully re-open by around 2.30pm so hopefully by the time we hit that area it will have fully cleared but it's still worth keeping an ear open for ongoing issues.
I just had a text from Mrs TRM telling me that you had posted this.

I think I'm going to have to watch my step from now on if she's keeping an eye on us!

9Motorway problems. Empty Re: Motorway problems. Tue Oct 29 2013, 14:01

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:They reckon the road is due to fully re-open by around 2.30pm so hopefully by the time we hit that area it will have fully cleared but it's still worth keeping an ear open for ongoing issues.
I just had a text from Mrs TRM telling me that you had posted this.

I think I'm going to have to watch my step from now on if she's keeping an eye on us!

I absolutely deny that i'm in the same room as Mrs TRM.

I can't vouch for Nathan though :-]]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]