Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Biggleswade files.

+12
baz
DY9 Stour
dave w
PhilC
Dave the Glassboy
Nathan Gulliver
TRM
stour_boy
brockmoor
Jane.N
Jack
Devil's Advocate
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 15:15

Nathan Gulliver

There were tickets available on the morning of the game for the Stevenage match. Everyone who wanted a ticket could have easily got one. I was on turnstile duty for the Chester game,where we issued the vouchers. The abuse I got from folks I had never seen at Amblecote before when the vouchers had gone was disgusting. I told each and every one of them not to panic and to have a bit of patience and that they would 99% likely to still get a ticket. Sure enough,on the Thursday night,people were able to have as many tickets as they wanted.

52The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 15:41

dave w

Nathan Gulliver wrote:There were tickets available on the morning of the game for the Stevenage match. Everyone who wanted a ticket could have easily got one. I was on turnstile duty for the Chester game,where we issued the vouchers. The abuse I  got from folks I had never seen at Amblecote before when the vouchers had gone was disgusting. I told each and every one of them not to panic and to have a bit of patience and that they would 99% likely to still get a ticket. Sure enough,on the Thursday night,people were able to have as many tickets as they wanted.
Was it you or someone else who said that if every season ticket holder and member could have ten tickets each there would still be enough left over for everyone who'd been to a league game that season?

53The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 15:57

Nathan Gulliver

dave w wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:There were tickets available on the morning of the game for the Stevenage match. Everyone who wanted a ticket could have easily got one. I was on turnstile duty for the Chester game,where we issued the vouchers. The abuse I  got from folks I had never seen at Amblecote before when the vouchers had gone was disgusting. I told each and every one of them not to panic and to have a bit of patience and that they would 99% likely to still get a ticket. Sure enough,on the Thursday night,people were able to have as many tickets as they wanted.
Was it you or someone else who said that if every season ticket holder and member could have ten tickets each there would still be enough left over for everyone who'd been to a league game that season?

I did say something along those lines Dave. That's why it is vital that season ticket holders and members should ALWAYS have an opportunity to purchase more tickets than any others. The membership scheme often gets overlooked but for just £20 per season,you will become entitled to guaranteed tickets for these such occasions aswell as other perks.

As I think TRM said in an earlier post,those others who are well known to the club will always be looked after if only they ask and enquire in the first place without resorting to moaning!

54The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 16:05

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I hope my post hasn't been misconstrued as me "moaning" because I certainly wasn't.
I was just asking a couple of legitimate questions hoping to have any worries quelled.

55The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 16:09

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:I hope my post hasn't been misconstrued as me "moaning" because I certainly wasn't.
I was just asking a couple of legitimate questions hoping to have any worries quelled.

I'm looking forward to being in the queue for tickets with Brockmoor and hearing Hughie utter those immortal words to us both once again......."blooming 'eck,i haven't seen you down here in years".

56The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 16:11

TRM

Tricky Tree wrote:I hope my post hasn't been misconstrued as me "moaning" because I certainly wasn't.
I don't think anybody took it that way at all... you moaning get! Laughing 

57The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 16:19

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
I don't think anybody took it that way at all... you moaning get! Laughing 
I did :-]]

58The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 16:26

Nathan Gulliver

Don't worry Tricky,I wasn't thinking of you or indeed about the current situation at all. I was looking back at the previous cup runs where some Stour regulars could have just approached the club and asked the necessary questions rather than panicing and fretting. Everybody will be ok!

59The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 17:58

TRM wrote:I don't think anybody took it that way at all... you moaning get! Laughing 
Don't want to seem pernickety but shouldn't that be you moaning git!, not you moaning get! Wink 

60The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 18:09

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I say get over git.....

61The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 19:36

Taniwha

Just out of interest, does the club publish the season ticket figures each season (full/half & flexi)?  Obviously there has been an increase of the average attendances over the past few years and the club will have the records for internal use but just wondered if they were published to see how much year on year.

A little off topic of the thread and more me being nosey as much as anything!

62The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 20:18

oldhillglassboy

I am surprised to hear it may be all ticket, that would put a few off I think, certainly there should be a set amount left over for pay on the day, if it is to be ticketed, there should certainly be the proviso of a ticket for a future home round included.  It may be now we are in the competition proper that ticketing is a requirement, as could be segregation and bar closure, although I wouldn't expect to Biggleswade bring more than 150, that may not be the point. Regarding the shed isn't the capacity for that 391? as that was set for Plymouth when they where meant to be in there until temporary stands where put in.  

Overall though anything sub 1000 would be disappointing, plenty of moaning last time and I don't know of anybody who didn't get tickets for both games in the end! as stated there where still some available for sale on the morning of the Stevenage game!  regarding season ticket holders if memory serves from the AGM it was mentioned about 80 odd (full) I think.

I haven't forgotten a bloke's "i'm not paying to watch this rubbish then"  rant at the chester game and then sprinting to another turnstile when it emerged vouchers where still available, so i'm sure the woodwork will empty to a degree!

Last edited by oldhillglassboy on Mon Oct 28 2013, 20:25; edited 1 time in total

63The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 20:19

Nathan Gulliver

Taniwha wrote:Just out of interest, does the club publish the season ticket figures each season (full/half & flexi)?  Obviously there has been an increase of the average attendances over the past few years and the club will have the records for internal use but just wondered if they were published to see how much year on year.

A little off topic of the thread and more me being nosey as much as anything!
I'm not sure that the figures get published as such but they cetainly wouldn't be a secret. I'll find out the exact numbers tomorrow night. I seem to have a figure of 70-80 in my head from a couple of years ago. The figure increased during the last cup run two years ago with supporters taking advantage of what was then the 11 match 'flexi' season ticket offer in order to make sure of a ticket for the Plymouth and Stevenage games.

64The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 21:41

Brian Handy

It's certainly not a secret, the numbers were mentioned at the AGM, though I cannot recall them.
The figure 120 comes into mind, but I would wait for Nathan to come back to you.

65The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 22:03

Taniwha

I thought that would be the case and that it may have been mentioned at the AGM but having not seen anything noted, I was curious

66The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 22:29

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

oldhillglassboy wrote:I am surprised to hear it may be all ticket, that would put a few off I think, certainly there should be a set amount left over for pay on the day, if it is to be ticketed, there should certainly be the proviso of a ticket for a future home round included.  It may be now we are in the competition proper that ticketing is a requirement, as could be segregation and bar closure, although I wouldn't expect to Biggleswade bring more than 150, that may not be the point.
There's certainly no obligation to make it all-ticket - plenty of other games in the first round will be pay-on-the-day. I can see why we'd have ticketing though - both as a "voucher" for a 2nd round game if we win and also to gauge interest in the game to see whether there would be the option for pay-on-the-day.

I don't believe there's an obligation to close the bar either - this happened at the previous games but that was mainly so that the club could sell sponsors' packages. Not sure that this game will attract the same level of sponsorship (unless we get Devil on the case! Wink ) so I'm expecting the bar to be open as normal.

Similarly I'm not expecting segregation but that'll be more down to the powers that be (police, local authority, etc.)

67The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Mon Oct 28 2013, 22:35

TRM

According to their website Biggleswade are aiming to bring 200 supporters if they can, though that could mean anything.

We could say that we aim to take 10,000 supporters to every away game if we can - doesn't mean it will happen though!

68The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Tue Oct 29 2013, 00:14

dave w

I can think of nothing more potentially embarrassing, or more insulting to the opposition, than to announce details of ticket sales for the next round before you've played this one.

69The Biggleswade files. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Biggleswade files. Tue Oct 29 2013, 00:34

Devil's Advocate

dave w wrote:I can think of nothing more potentially embarrassing, or more insulting to the opposition, than to announce details of ticket sales for the next round before you've played this one.

I haven't seen "ticket sales for the next round" advertised anywhere.

It is common sense to have a procedure in place that accommodates any POSSIBLE second round match and if Biggleswade had been at home and had put something in place in the hope of progressing i wouldn't be in the slightest put out.

I'd not for one moment think Stour were being disrespected and i don't expect BGW will either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum