Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non League Show - Radio 5 Live

+8
Nathan Gulliver
Tricky Tree
brockmoor
Jane.N
stour_boy
Devil's Advocate
UlsterJim
TRM
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Non League Show - Radio 5 Live - Page 2 Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 21:23

Nathan Gulliver

dave w wrote:
TRM wrote:5 Live Non-League Show...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03f8yyk/The_Non_League_Football_Show_27_10_2013/

Nathan's bit is early on. First couple of minutes. Blink and you'll miss it! Haven't listened to it all yet, so don't know if we get any more mentions later on.
4.04 in.
I had my report all ready,the bird from Radio 5 eventually called me at 5.50 pm. She said she only needed 20 seconds! Couldn't really say much when I had that time limit,just about long enough to say my name!

27Non League Show - Radio 5 Live - Page 2 Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 21:31

Nathan Gulliver

scoop wrote:I don't think that was a very fair comment about Karl Clifton.
I work for 102.5 The Bridge and know the sports editor Roy, who is very grateful for Karl's contribution every week and in midweek games.
Karl has a lot of other tasks to completed related to on pitch matters and I personally know how hard it can be to do accurate reports and previews if not fully focussed.
In my opinion  he does a great job on The Bridge

In Devil's Advocate's defence Scoop,I don't think there was any criticism intended in his comment. Saying he thought Karl Clifton's reports are 'cringe worthy' doesn't show any malice or anything negative about him as a person. Its just an opinion. I find a good number of mainstrem television and radio presenters very cringe worthy! I would expect them to just laugh it off and accept that it is just an opinion and that you can't please everyone all of the time.

28Non League Show - Radio 5 Live - Page 2 Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 21:45

TRM

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
dave w wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03f8yyk/The_Non_League_Football_Show_27_10_2013/

Nathan's bit is early on. First couple of minutes. Blink and you'll miss it! Haven't listened to it all yet, so don't know if we get any more mentions later on.
4.04 in.
I had my report all ready,the bird from Radio 5 eventually called me at 5.50 pm. She said she only needed 20 seconds! Couldn't really say much when I had that time limit,just about long enough to say my name!
By my reckoning you were on air for about 5 seconds, Nathan.

I assume you used the other 15 to get her phone number...?

29Non League Show - Radio 5 Live - Page 2 Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 21:51

Nathan Gulliver

TRM wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:
dave w wrote:

4.04 in.

I've not listened to it so I haven't got a clue as to what bits were omitted! I guessed they were on a tight time schedule when the girl said she only needed 20 seconds from me. Might as well have just read the score out. You could hardly say it was a report that they wanted!

30Non League Show - Radio 5 Live - Page 2 Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 22:01

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
TRM wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:
dave w wrote:

4.04 in.

I've not listened to it so I haven't got a clue as to what bits were omitted! I guessed they were on a tight time schedule when the girl said she only needed 20 seconds from me. Might as well have just read the score out. You could hardly say it was a report that they wanted!
20 seconds would normally constitute a "steady" relationship for you Nath.

31Non League Show - Radio 5 Live - Page 2 Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 22:12

Nathan Gulliver

Yes,20 seconds is usually plenty long enough for me DA. I once had a'relationship' with a girl around the back of Pargeter's on the High Street which lasted about that length of time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum