Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ben Billingham

+11
stoursi
Ploptops
brockmoor
NickSFCB
Tricky Tree
Nathan Gulliver
Jane.N
Devil's Advocate
TRM
UlsterJim
Jack
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:22

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Nathan Gulliver wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:Nice one Nath....

Although TRM will pick you up on your spelling.
Yes Tricky,I'm disgusted with myself. Can't really blame the bottle of red and 5 pints. Obviously I meant for and not four!
I'm just amazed you spelt "come" correctly at this time on a Saturday night Nath :-]]

Good news about Ben though,cheers for the updates on that.
If I hear any further updates from Alison I'll keep the forum informed.You're right DA,I'm going to have to get up to bed pronto or else I'll be back on the park bench again.
Too late mate....Tricky got there first!

27Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Sun Oct 20 2013, 08:46

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

It's my bench now Nath and you ay having it back.

28Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Tue Oct 22 2013, 16:50

brockmoor

brockmoor

Ben's just mentioned on facebook that his back in hospital.

Apparently his ear has been bleeding and his been in pain with it since the op. Theyre keeping him in overnight.

Get better soon Ben. Wink 

29Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Tue Oct 22 2013, 19:52

Ploptops

Just been to hospital to visit ben, earlier he was very bad and was rushed back to hospital, he is in much higher spirit now however there keeping him overnight. He's still bleeding from the ear but hopefully that will clear up overnight

30Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Tue Oct 22 2013, 19:56

TRM

Ploptops wrote:Just been to hospital to visit ben, earlier he was very bad and was rushed back to hospital, he is in much higher spirit now however there keeping him overnight. He's still bleeding from the ear but hopefully that will clear up overnight
Thanks for the update - Ben has the best wishes from all of us. Can't wait to have him playing again, but much more important that the problem is sorted he gets back to "real life" first, for his own sake.

Sounds really nasty - ears are horrible things when you cut them and they start bleeding. Can't imagine how bad it must be after having an op. How do you sleep at night without fear of opening the wound up again, no matter how heavily it's dressed?

31Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Tue Oct 22 2013, 19:57

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Hope for a speedy recovery Ben.

32Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Tue Oct 22 2013, 20:35

stoursi

Echo all the comments on here wishing Ben a full and speedy recovery.

I bet a win on Saturday would be a good tonic for him.

33Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Tue Oct 22 2013, 21:14

Jane.N

Ouch!!Shocked 
Get well soon Ben

34Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 18:38

Brian Handy

All the best Ben, hope you are soon back with us. We will try and cheer you up with a win on Saturday.

35Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 18:58

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

You in the starting eleven on Saturday then Brian or warming the bench?

36Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 19:32

TRM

Tricky Tree wrote:You in the starting eleven on Saturday then Brian or warming the bench?
I can think of one or two players down the years who I'd leave out in favour of Brian.

None from the present squad, I hasten to add. No offence intended, Brian.

37Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 20:34

Brian Handy

tricky, I'm on the pitch in spirit. The only bench I warm these days is the bench overlooking the sea in ST Ives.

The full back they called 'Tiger' in the Mac Lycett years springs to mind.
There was also a centre forward called Clive ? Woodus , played like a plank of wood.
I'd even back myself against those two.

38Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 20:47

TRM

Brian Handy wrote:tricky, I'm on the pitch in spirit. The only bench I warm these days is the bench overlooking the sea in ST Ives.

There was also a centre forward called Clive ? Woodus , played like a plank of wood.
Bobby "Tiger" Payton - subsequently rechristened "Pussy" by Stour fans as we felt in feline terms it better suited his abilities.

And unless I'm mistaken, Chris Woodus was the other one you mentioned.

39Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:06

Brian Handy

Yes, you are right on both.
Was the season with Lycett in charge the most boring ever? For football played that is .(I only go back to 1980 mind)

Sorry folks, I  seem to have moved off the original topic for this thread.

40Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:13

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

In St.Ives or AT St.Ives??

41Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:21

TRM

Back on topic, Ben has tweeted tonight...

"Out of hospital feel like I'm already on the mend! Sooner the better! #druggedup"

42Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:26

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

TRM wrote:Back on topic, Ben has tweeted tonight...

"Out of hospital feel like I'm already on the mend! Sooner the better! #druggedup"
Talking of tweeting TRM that Lib Dem women from Hungerford is following me on twitter too and I don't even tweet. I can only guess it is something to do with me following Hungerford Town on twitter.

http://www.nibadges.com

43Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 21:33

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:
TRM wrote:Back on topic, Ben has tweeted tonight...

Talking of tweeting TRM that Lib Dem women from Hungerford is following me on twitter too and I don't even tweet.  I can only guess it is something to do with me following Hungerford Town on twitter.

Any woman following you has to be a first Jim.

Did you stroke her labrador and pass her the white stick she'd dropped while we were visiting Hungerford?

By the way,remember,i do have the pictorial evidence of you hanging around the kiddies playground just outside Hungerford's ground!

44Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Wed Oct 23 2013, 23:23

PhilC

Brian Handy wrote:tricky, I'm on the pitch in spirit. The only bench I warm these days is the bench overlooking the sea in ST Ives.

Woodus was mainly crap, but did score the winner against Halesowen once, so a legend in my eyes

45Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Sun Oct 27 2013, 21:36

Devil's Advocate

Any news on Ben's progress?

Hopefully the Workington result cheered him up.

Good job for their defence that Ben wasn't fit because he'd have taken them apart yesterday,i think we'd have scored six or seven with him running at them.

I'd have fancied my chances of going past that left back and if i'd failed to score against that defence i'd be devastated.

Hope you're healing well Ben.

46Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Sun Oct 27 2013, 22:01

Nathan Gulliver

Devil's Advocate wrote:Any news on Ben's progress?

Good job for their defence that Ben wasn't fit because he'd have taken them apart yesterday,i think we'd have scored six or seven with him running at them.

I'd have fancied my chances of going past that left back and if i'd failed to score against that defence i'd be devastated.

I'm pleased to inform you all that Ben was up and about and with us all in West One today watching the cup draw. He seemed in good spirits. He phoned Gary while we were travelling up on Friday evening to wish us all the best. It was obvious he was itching to be amongst it all and he was really missing his football. He's a great lad,a great club man. Can't wait to have him back.

47Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Sun Oct 27 2013, 22:11

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Any news on Ben's progress?

I'm pleased to inform you all that Ben was up and about and with us all in West One today watching the cup draw. He seemed in good spirits. He phoned Gary while we were travelling up on Friday evening to wish us all the best. It was obvious he was itching to be amongst it all and he was really missing his football. He's a great lad,a great club man. Can't wait to have him back.
Thanks for that Nathan,great news.

48Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Thu Nov 07 2013, 23:15

Devil's Advocate

Saw Ben down at the club tonight and heard him saying that he'd been training with the rest of the team.

Great news,i wouldn't for one minute expect him to be back at the weekend but hearing he's feeling well enough to train again is superb.

Can't wait to see him back in action ASAP.

49Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Thu Nov 07 2013, 23:19

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:Saw Ben down at the club tonight and heard him saying that he'd been training with the rest of the team.

Great news,i wouldn't for one minute expect him to be back at the weekend but hearing he's feeling well enough to train again is superb.

I reckon Ben will at least be on the bench on Saturday.

http://www.nibadges.com

50Ben Billingham - Page 2 Empty Re: Ben Billingham Thu Nov 07 2013, 23:29

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Saw Ben down at the club tonight and heard him saying that he'd been training with the rest of the team.

I reckon Ben will at least be on the bench on Saturday.
Hope you're right Jim but that was such an intricate operation and so important health wise that the healing time is very important and i hope he's not rushed back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum