Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nathan Gulliver and his exploits.

+10
stour_boy
baz
the nephew of god
brockmoor
TRM
Nathan Gulliver
Jack
Devil's Advocate
UlsterJim
Tricky Tree
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 15:33

Nathan Gulliver

Tricky Tree wrote:No you don't Nath....only yourself to blame on this one.
I can't believe only a couple of hours earlier I was sharing beers with you and the lovely Laura and you go and balls it up my being a spoon.

All women are lovely though Tricky. How many blokes would turn down a sexy,stunning blonde given a chance?

77Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 15:37

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
I can't believe only a couple of hours earlier I was sharing beers with you and the lovely Laura and you go and balls it up my being a spoon.
All women are lovely though Tricky. How many blokes would turn down a sexy,stunning blonde given a chance?
There are ways and means though Nath and I ay sure copping off with her whilst your Mrs is in the same pub will be classed as one of your greatest moments.

78Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 15:45

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:
27 years with the right woman is possible mate,i've managed it.

There's always another blonde,brunette etc if you keep looking.

Theres a lot to be said for stability Nath,i wouldn't have achieved what i have without a great wife.

A thrill is like a drug,ten minutes later you're looking for the next "high",it's just never ending,you can never reach true satisfaction or inner peace.

There comes a time to settle for an ordinary life in my humble opinion.

79Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 15:55

Nathan Gulliver

I have a very addictive personality though Devil,thank f**k I've never smoked or taken drugs or else that would be another thing to add to my list of problems. I've spent my whole life watching football,shagging,gambling,drinking. I suppose I've lived a George Best life on a budget! I know I've been a failure,I've nothing to show for anything,I just can't help myself. No amount of tablets can alter my brain or change who I am. I haven't got much going for me, I need to enjoy every ounce of life because if I was to sit down and contemplate my actions I would cry.

80Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 15:59

Devil's Advocate

Nathan Gulliver wrote:I have a very addictive personality though Devil,thank f**k I've never smoked or taken drugs or else that would be another thing to add to my list of problems. I've spent my whole life watching football,shagging,gambling,drinking. I suppose I've lived a George Best life on a budget! I know I've been a failure,I've nothing to show for anything,I just can't help myself. No amount of tablets can alter my brain or change who I am. I haven't got much going for me, I need to enjoy every ounce of life because if I was to sit down and contemplate my actions I would cry.
No criticism intended mate,each to his own and all that.

Personally i think you've got a huge,untapped potential if only you could settle down a bit.

You've got good friend's on here son…chin up.

81Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:00

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nathan Gulliver wrote:I have a very addictive personality though Devil,thank f**k I've never smoked or taken drugs or else that would be another thing to add to my list of problems. I've spent my whole life watching football,shagging,gambling,drinking. I suppose I've lived a George Best life on a budget! I know I've been a failure,I've nothing to show for anything,I just can't help myself. No amount of tablets can alter my brain or change who I am. I haven't got much going for me, I need to enjoy every ounce of life because if I was to sit down and contemplate my actions I would cry.
Bloody hell Nath...how many times have we had this conversation?

82Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:07

TRM

Sod me, I thought I'd stumbled across an edition of "Lorraine"!

83Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:09

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Folks in all seriousness an open forum is not the place to be having this conversation.

http://www.nibadges.com

84Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:15

Nathan Gulliver

UlsterJim wrote:Folks in all seriousness an open forum is not the place to be having this conversation.
I don't care Jim,I've never tried to hide away from the truth. Laura's already read the comments on the forum and has text to say I'm just a c**t and how typical that it had to be a hairdresser! Life goes on,I could be dead tomorrow. I've only got 2 years to go until I've outlived my Dad, he was only 39 when he died,you never know whats round the corner.

85Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:28

TRM

In all honesty, chaps, I'm with Jim on this one. It's a football forum. At least take it off topic.

86Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:33

stour_boy

stour_boy

Agree with UlsterJim and TRM on this one.

To be fair, making this sticky was funny at first but perhaps it's better off being moved to off topic now. I fully agree with the principle that if I don't like a topic, I shouldn't read it but perhaps it isn't best that this is the top Sticky topic in the main forum.

87Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:39

Nathan Gulliver

stour_boy wrote:Agree with UlsterJim and TRM on this one.

To be fair, making this sticky was funny at first but perhaps it's better off being moved to off topic now. I fully agree with the principle that if I don't like a topic, I shouldn't read it but perhaps it isn't best that this is the top Sticky topic in the main forum.

I didn't choose to make this the top Sticky topic on here Stourboy, it's everyone who has contributed that has done that. Infact, I didn't choose for myself to be any sort of topic whatsoever! If reading about my trials and tribulations gives some of you a laugh and a smile or if reading about my problems makes you realise that your own lives aren't so bad after all, then it can't be that bad can it.

88Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 16:58

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

A couple of people moan and our "illustrious"moderator buckles.

The fact that it was such a popular thread should mean it stayed where it was.

Why don't the people who moaned concentrate on more important things like seeing if their tampon needs changing....good grief!!!!!

89Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 17:05

stour_boy

stour_boy

Tricky Tree wrote:A couple of people moan and our "illustrious"moderator buckles.

Why don't the people who moaned concentrate on more important things like seeing if their tampon needs changing....good grief!!!!!
I am really sorry that Nathan has going through this at the moment, and I'm happy for it to be discussed if it helps him, but it is most definitely off topic and is nothing to do with SFC's 2013/14 season.

90Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 17:09

Jack

Jack
Admin

Hardly buckling, this thread was hilarious and will continue to be so, no doubt. . However, the last page or so at times is slightly to personal and it isn't a particular 'nice' topic of conversation. It's still in the forum-where it should really have been all along-so if you want to continue to laugh or give advice to Nath, that's fine. However, as the first thread people could potentially look at, especially people that don't have any affiliation to the club, it may not give the best message. That is my view of it, and also of members on the forum. I haven't deleted it, or locked it, it's still here.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

91Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 17:20

PhilC

I'm with Jack - it's been a great topic and I hope it will continue to be, but I'd rather it wasn't the first one that visitors to the forum saw!!!

Chin up Nath

92Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 17:49

baz

I always enjoyNathan's company on away matches,he is very polite and passionate about Stour,the world would be very boring if we were all the same!

93Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 19:34

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:A couple of people moan and our "illustrious"moderator buckles.

Oh do stop being such a tart Tricky,this is the right place for this thread without a doubt.

94Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 20:14

TRM

100% with Jack on this. The time is/was right for it to be moved.

I'm all for jovial banter and teasing on this forum - it would be a boring place if that were not the case. But at the same time we should remember that its main purpose is to discuss all matters related (sometimes loosely) to SFC. We also need to remember that there are members of the forum and occasional browsers, possibly thinking about signing up and having their say, who might be put off if they think it's just a bunch of mates filling the place up with "in" jokes all the time.

There's a balance to be struck somewhere. By and large we get it just about right, but now and again I read a thread and wonder what a casual browser might make of it!

Sorry if that sounds a bit sniffy!

95Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 20:43

Aled

Shouldn't this thread be re-named Gulliver's Travels....did you see what I did there?

96Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 22:00

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:Shouldn't this thread be re-named Gulliver's Travels....did you see what I did there?

A good try Aled but you're too late with your pun,last week at Chippenham i suggested to Nathan that he wrote a book and gave it the title "Gulliver's Travail's" which would be more apt.

Sorry to steal your thunder.

97Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Tue Nov 05 2013, 23:03

Aled

The written word beats your spoken ones, plus my dad is bigger than yours so there!

98Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Wed Nov 06 2013, 00:13

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:The written word beats your spoken ones, plus my dad is bigger than yours so there!
I should hope he is……….my dear old dad has been in a pot 6 inches high for the last 10 years! :-[[

99Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Wed Nov 06 2013, 06:18

Aled

You ain't seen my dad lol

100Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. - Page 4 Empty Re: Nathan Gulliver and his exploits. Sun Nov 10 2013, 15:09

baz

Just seen the Nissan advert on tv,the person in it looks like Nathan?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum