Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banbury in the fat

+8
oldhillglassboy
Nathan Gulliver
Stourbridge Lion
stoursi
dave w
TRM
Devil's Advocate
stour_boy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 16:40

brockmoor

brockmoor

2-2

27Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 16:48

stour_boy

stour_boy

Banbury hit the post

28Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 16:49

stour_boy

stour_boy

3-2 up!!!

29Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 16:51

brockmoor

brockmoor

FT 3-2

30Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 16:53

stour_boy

stour_boy

Won 3-2. Phew! Draw on Monday and next round two weeks today - the Bedford home match is postponed.

31Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 17:17

TRM

Massive Phew!!! Get the feeling we could do with the week off to get a few injuries sorted out and prepare for next Saturday.

Thanks to Stour-Boy and Dave W (and indeed Nigel) for the regular updates. Sounds like a bit of a roller-coaster!

32Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 17:39

stour_boy

stour_boy

Who got the winner?

33Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 17:53

TRM

Brown.

34Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 18:25

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:Brown.
Who?!

35Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 18:29

TRM

BROWN!!!

36Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 18:40

oldhillglassboy

Never in doubt was it?!!!

A very average Banbury side (with a bit of pace admittedly) and a Stour side with a few injuries and one eye on next week produced a very exciting game for the neutral, especially with the slip sliding during torrential second half rain, we should have put them to bed in the first period, Rowe's early injury (nothing serious I hope) disrupted us and we where very poor early in the second half when it became 1-1. We needed some inspiration and Agbor's goal off the outside of the boot provided it, some finish that was. We then upped the tempo again only to concede a second equaliser, great finish again, but mistakes and too much time allowed in the build up.

After that they seemed to have numerous openings, some desperate blocks and one hit the post, but they looked equally dodgy at the back and it was hard to predict a winner, thought we'd blown it when Brown blazed over from six yards (easier to score than not) and thought he'd gone to far to try and get the ball in for the winner but he did, where's he come from by the way?

Lots of petty fouling all afternoon by the visitors and after Washbourne was booked (he was going for the ball but did catch the bloke pretty hard) some pretty poor scenes all round. What made me smile at the end was a bloke yelling abuse by the tunnel while Banbury where out in the middle and legged it as soon they turned round to come off, talking the talk but not walking the walk, running it!

37Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 18:50

TRM

Kayzelden Brown - ex-WBA, according to Nigel. That's as much as I know.

38Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 18:57

Brian Handy

I see we were lucky with the rain, Redditch at home to Chasetown abandoned after 82 mins due to downpour.

39Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 19:15

Brian Handy

Overall I thought we deserved it, but we left it very late, again!
We seemed a bit jittery at the back and couldn't seem to get the ball away properly on occasions, leading the numerous openings and blocks mentioned in the previous post.
Gave away the ball on the half way line then failed to close their player down for the 2nd.
Ryan went off injured, but said after that he twisted his knee in the warm up, then felt a few twinges as game went on so came off as a precaution.
Hopefully he will be ok for next sat, Nathan Bennett says he should be ok for sat.

MotM was split over 8 players.

Leon won it with 7 votes, Roly got 6, Jamie 5, George, Will & Brown 2 each, Sean & luke 1 each.

Wine was won by Dave Gorton.

40Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 19:22

TRM

How did we line up?

41Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 19:48

Brian Handy

Coleman
Dean Bennett (rb) (Francis sub)
Wurzel (lb)
Richards
Oliver
Washburn (brown sub)
Geddes
Broadhurst
Canavan
Rowe (agbor sub)
Benbow

42Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 20:42

dave w

Nice to be able to actually get to a match for a change. We could have been three up by the time we scored; Banbury looked very poor but came into the game and deserved their equaliser. After that the other three goals seemed to all come against the run of play, or at least from nowhere.

The bloke who was shouting has always been an odd fish. With our nutter contingent now sadly diminished it's good to see at least one of them upholding the standards.

43Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 22:32

Nathan Gulliver

Despite the scoreline,this could hardly go down as a thriller. First half ruined by too many stoppages,no flow to the game whatsoever. Banbury seemed to spend most of the half rolling around on the deck,quite staggering considering the size of most of them! Ref very whistle happy,made the game appear 'dirtier' than it actually was. Ryan's early substitution appears more precautionary than anything,he said after he twisted his knee slightly in the warm up and didn't want to risk it.
Second half more open,slightly less stop start. Cracking goal from Roly after clever back flick from Benbow to lay it off. Must say I felt Banbury's equaliser was deserved. They put us under quite a bit of pressure last 15 although we continued creating chances of our own. Brown looked quite exciting,very tall,Carlton Palmer like in stature! Bit ungainly but took goal very well,shown great composure to go round the keeper,even more so considering his confidence could have been shattered after missing a great chance moments earlier from a good run and cut back from Roly. Overall, good result considering number of changes.

44Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 22:38

stoursi

Thought the attendance was poor was that due to the glory hunters and part time supporters not turning up today.

45Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 22:58

stour_boy

stour_boy

stoursi wrote:Thought the attendance was poor was that due to the glory hunters and part time supporters not turning up today.
Or people having to pick and choose the matches they attend due to finances being stretched etc.

Luckily for me I have a well paid job with no family to support but that's not the case for everyone.

46Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:05

TRM

stour_boy wrote:
stoursi wrote:Thought the attendance was poor was that due to the glory hunters and part time supporters not turning up today.
Or people having to pick and choose the matches they attend due to finances being stretched etc.

Luckily for me I have a well paid job with no family to support but that's not the case for everyone.
If you are one or more of:

Retired
Self-employed
Childless
Single
F***ing loaded
All of the above

Then attending every game probably isn't an issue.

If you are none of the above then it is. Some people have to pick and choose and they (we) may be getting a bit fed up of the constant needling jibes about it.

That's my one and only "bite" on the subject.

47Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:07

Devil's Advocate

I'll hold my hand up to that!

I only do a few West Brom away trips these days and an afternoon suffering at Stoke is always a must.

I'll be driving the 424 round trip to Workington next week so hopefully be back in the good books again.

48Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:10

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:
stour_boy wrote:

If you are one or more of:

Retired
Self-employed
Childless
Single
F***ing loaded
All of the above

Then attending every game probably isn't an issue.

If you are none of the above then it is. Some people have to pick and choose and they (we) may be getting a bit fed up of the constant needling jibes about it.

That's my one and only "bite" on the subject.
Well said TRM, it does get tiresome, especially as it was the second consecutive cup match and another £10 for ST holders as well. This isn't a criticism of the prices but it does all add up once you add programme, man of the match, pre and/or post match pint etc.

As I said it just so happens not to be an issue for me but I would never criticise or knock those who aren't in that position.

49Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:15

TRM

I wasn't there today as between us we had other things on. Mrs TRM had arranged to be somewhere so I had to take my daughter to Worcester for cricket trials. I could have put my foot down and Mrs TRM would have had to change her plans. It wouldn't have been pleasant but she'd have got over it... by Easter, perhaps.

However, I decided not to because in our family football doesn't always come first. Nearly always, maybe, but not absolutely always.

It's called "everyday life", I believe.

50Banbury in the fat - Page 2 Empty Re: Banbury in the fat Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:21

Taniwha

I couldn't make it today due to a date with fitting a wooden floor, which had been put off for previous weekend games.  The day actually ending up being an unsuccessful trip to buy tiles!  Football or tiles?  I can assure I didn't get my preference Very Happy 

Now the floor fitting has to be next weekend, which is a pain but not too much as my wife had already vetoed any trip Workington well before that Crying or Very sad 

As for today's game, I hope Rowe's substitution was just a precaution, as mentioned, and the rest of the squad has a clean bill of health for next weekend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum