Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coach Travel to Workington

+12
brockmoor
Nathan Gulliver
baz
Jack
Jane.N
Stourbridge Lion
Devil's Advocate
TRM
Tricky Tree
Dave the Glassboy
Brian Handy
UlsterJim
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sat Oct 19 2013, 17:34

StourLeedsMark

Dear Sir,
I wish to object in the strongest possible terms to the use of the phrase 'Dirty Leeds'. Please could it be replaced in future with the phrase 'hard but fair Leeds'.
Yours sincerely,
Indignant ex-of Leeds

Jim... Can l ask for an update on the coach.... Couldn't make the game today so couldn't book myself on. Still waiting on a mate to sort out his shifts at work before he commits himself. All being well l will pop in to book on on Monday night provided there are still seats available. Are seats likely to still be available come Monday?

52Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sat Oct 19 2013, 18:48

oldhillglassboy

The coach was sold out just before kick off today, couldn't get on it but put my name down for second coach IF they can get enough for it.

Hope so as plan B involves the 08.20 from New Street to Carlisle and a return after midnight by the look of it!!

53Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sat Oct 19 2013, 19:50

StourLeedsMark

Cheers OHGB. My plan B will be a weekend in Dirty Leeds and a trip over the pennines.

54Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sat Oct 19 2013, 20:47

TRM

Brilliant news that we've filled one coach!

Many takers yet for the second one?

55Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sat Oct 19 2013, 20:48

TRM

StourLeedsMark wrote:Dear Sir,
I wish to object in the strongest possible terms to the use of the phrase 'Dirty Leeds'.  Please could it be replaced in future with the phrase 'hard but fair Leeds'.
Yours sincerely,
Indignant ex-of Leeds
Dear Mark

I am in the "Clough camp" so in answer to your question, no.

Kind Regards

TRM

56Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sat Oct 19 2013, 20:54

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

I think we've been round this loop before. Dirty Leeds is a cliche. Hard but fair is a true reflection of the mighty Leeds of the 70s. Leeds Leeds Leeds.

57Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sat Oct 19 2013, 20:59

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I'm also in the Clough camp....fair is NEVER a word you could've used to describe Leeds in the 70's.
Dirty Leeds it will always remain.

58Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sat Oct 19 2013, 23:09

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:I'm also in the Clough camp....fair is NEVER a word you could've used to describe Leeds in the 70's.
Dirty Leeds it will always remain.
I know Allan "sniffer" Clarkes brother Kelvin who played for Walsall Tricky.

The stories i could tell you "Young man".

59Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty Re: Coach Travel to Workington Sun Oct 20 2013, 19:55

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

The supporters 53 seater coach is full at the moment, but if there is sufficient interest there may possibly be a second coach, which is obviously dependant on a lot more bookings so get convincing your mates on the merits of a Stour Away day.

Alternatively if anybody is driving and has spare seats in their car please let us know

http://www.nibadges.com

60Coach Travel to Workington - Page 3 Empty ** Important Update ** Mon Oct 21 2013, 12:26

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Due to the demand for places on the supporters coach the Club is willing to put on a second coach to Workington leaving at 8.30am on Saturday. Fares £20 and £15 for concessions.

Your support will be greatly appreciated by the Team Management and Players.

In order to make this possible we require a minimum of 20 more supporters to book a seat by contacting Jim McComish on 07966568767 (after 5.00pm on weekdays).

We have extended the deadline for booking seats from today to Thursday at 8.00pm.

Latest statement from the club.

http://www.nibadges.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum