Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Workington

+20
StourLeedsMark
Paranoid Android
stoursi
UlsterJim
PhilC
Forza
DY9 Stour
brockmoor
baz
NickSFCB
west cumberland marrs
workington
Dave the Glassboy
Devil's Advocate
stour_boy
Tricky Tree
Nathan Gulliver
Jack
Brian Handy
TRM
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 16:50

stour_boy

stour_boy

Won 3-1!!

Into the first round proper.

It means the Burnham trip is postponed and the first round game will be on the weekend of 9/10 November.

Magic result today. Congrats to the team & management and well done to all the fans who travelled.

Have a safe journey back everyone.

Brilliant result!!!

152Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:11

Taniwha

Excellent result, huge congratulations to the team and all involved! Also, an excellent job by all who travelled, you could be heard on the Bridge updates........even over the wind!

153Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 17:57

Aled

Boom!

154Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 18:12

StourLeedsMark

I am a stone heavier. Mainly from soaking up rain in the second half behind the goal. Top day out. Great work rate from the team. looking forward to tomorrows draw.

155Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 19:14

stoursi

Brilliant performance from every player in a yellow shirt today in poor conditions second half.

So well done to the players and management.

Lets just hope we get a big name in the draw which they so deserve.

156Workington - Page 7 Empty workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 19:26

west cumberland marrs

well done,,,,,,best team won,i managed a crack with a few of your suppoters in the clubhouse and hoped you enjoyed your pies and also your visit to west Cumberland.
hope you get a good draw in the next round.

157Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 19:45

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Bostin,bostin,bostin.
Superb performance from every Stour player and excellent support especially those who braved the pouring rain second half....lets talk about those who "fled"for cover.Very Happy 

158Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 20:07

stour_boy

stour_boy

I'll sympathise with anyone who did - I like being under cover at the footy!

159Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 20:19

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

FOOTY?!.......Good grief,it's football.Crying or Very sad 

160Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 20:20

stour_boy

stour_boy

Let's not be pedantic, it's time to enjoy the fabulous result from today Smile

161Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 20:45

stour_boy

stour_boy

From the Kempster forum:

Awful Workington performance. In Alex Wimmer we have the worst goalkeeper in Conference football. Completely miserable day. Good performance by the referee Mr Richardson - I've never seen anyone conned so many times in 90 minutes. You must be a salesman's dream. We also had the miracle of Borough Park. Three Stourbridge players receiving broken legs only to miraculously recover. We will be building a shrine in their honour.

162Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:10

TRM

Absolutely superb!

Not long home. Stuff to do before we go away tomorrow, so further thoughts will have to wait!

163Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:26

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:Absolutely superb!

Not long home. Stuff to do before we go away tomorrow, so further thoughts will have to wait!
Enjoy your trip away, just make sure you're back within 2 weeks!!

164Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 22:45

Devil's Advocate

west cumberland marrs wrote:well done,,,,,,best team won,i managed a crack with a few of your suppoters in the clubhouse and hoped you enjoyed your pies and also your visit to west Cumberland.
hope you get a good draw in the next round.
Much appreciated comments,thanks.

An ambition of mine fulfilled today with my first trip to your ground which was only slightly spoiled by one idiot from your support who got very aggressive with one of our following.

The cretin in question had no teeth and was dragging his knuckles so badly that it was impossible to actually hear exactly hear what he was saying but it was very unnecessary.

The service and staff in your clubhouse was excellent and very friendly and a credit to your club.

Football wise though i thought your lot were incredibly poor,in truth we've only played one worse team than you in our division this season,i think you'll be relegated,your manager appears to be close to the end of his tenure based on today's pitiful display.

I hope you do stay up however and that we meet you in the league next season,best of luck.

165Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sat Oct 26 2013, 23:52

Jack

Jack
Admin

That was very good indeed! Thoroughly deserved win. They did have a few moments and the save Dean made at 1-0? when he came out at his feet I feel was a massive one in the context of the game. No one played badly, but some stood out. Sean was superb in the middle, controlled the game from start to finish. Will is excellent at Centre Back he's just so calm on the ball although I thought his goal was a foul! But for me, Luke was absolutely phenomenal today. One of his best performances in a Stour shirt. You can always tell with Luke if it's going to be his day or not within 10 minutes and you just knew it would be. He worked his socks off all game long even though he was being kicked all over the place. His goal was very much deserved. One of many peoples criticisms with Luke is that he doesn't always make the right choice, but today even though it didn't always come off he was looking for his team mates more and he and Ryan actually looked like a good partnership.

They were utterly woeful, the defence was just non existent. Luke and Ryan had them in their pockets within 5 minutes which ultimately lead to the red card-which it most definitely was!

Not much needs to be said about the support today. Amazing.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

166Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 00:05

Aled

Just got in. Awesome! Nice to speak in person to Messrs Tricky , DA and Brockmoor. Tired now , that is all for tonight !

167Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 00:18

oldhillglassboy

A very long day worth it, would have taken a draw at the start but fancied our chances if we could get on top early which we certainly did, although the early moment when the free header was planted straight at Coleman, could have changed things.  They where woeful and we should have scored more, an excellent performance all round, two great headers, think Canavan had one of his best games that i've seen, excellent save from Coleman at 1-0 perhaps a better team would have punished us more, their goal was well worked, good we kept the tempo up in atrocious conditions in the second half, the pitch was a lot better than I expected and held up in the second half but they must have a lot of days like that up there so it needs to be! great atmosphere in the clubhouse afterwards, at least the food and drink takings where good for the home side.

Enjoyed the ground, unfortunately they seem to be in permanent battle for survival off the pitch, as much as on it. I only caught the red card out the corner of my eye but everyone I asked said it was, and there had been some pretty robust challenges before that, didn't stop Benbow getting dog's abuse from the home faithful! Thought the ref was pretty spot on with most things.

glad of the extra hour tonight!

168Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 00:24

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:Just got in. Awesome!  Nice to speak in person to Messrs Tricky , DA and Brockmoor. Tired now , that is all for tonight !

Nice to meet you too Aled.

We were certainly "Walking in the air" after that performance.

See you at Amblecote one of the days chap.

169Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 07:32

TRM

Thought we were the better team from start to finish, and I don't think the red card changed the game particularly.

We dealt much better with the weather conditions in both halves than they did, which was surprising because I doubt it's unusual to play in blustery weather up there so you would expect them to know how to play in it! We adapted much better to basically having to adopt two completely different sets of tactics.

Look at how often we put the ball behind their back four in the first half and turned them round. It meant we could put pressure on them and force mistakes, corners, etc. They never did that second half to any great effect. The only time they did get in was when Dean made that save at the lad's feet to keep us ahead. That and the penalty shout soon afterwards (no idea whether it was or not from the other end), and then our second goal within a minute or two effectively killed the game.

We played with the wind much better than them too. Defended a bit deeper than they had so the ball over the top wasn't going to work, and didn't pump the ball forward like they had - how many balls from them went straight through to Dean in the first half? Far too many. We learned from that.

Defensively, apart from the number 3, who I thought had a decent game they were very poor and you could tell there was no real confidence in the keeper. He was nowhere for either Jamie or Will's headers (Will's he should have been strong enough to claim - it was never a foul, Jack. Will just wanted it more).

Couldn't see the red card incident at all. Too many players in the way looking from behind the goal. But the ref was right on the spot and had no hesitation. Leon might consider himself a little bit fortunate with his challenge late in the first half - it wasn't really necessary in that area of the pitch, and definitely very unlike him.

Superb support - second half was difficult with the rain sending many scurrying for cover - me included, my excuse being that I can't provide vital text and twitter updates if I can't type on my phone! - and the wind carrying a lot of the noise off in the vague direction of Carlisle! But I promise that from under the cover along the side our fans could be heard loud and clear. Tremendous support and a credit to the club. We need to build on that at away games, but also at home games. If we can get that kind of atmosphere in the Shed (would be great if it was second half, instead of first...) then we can "suck a few in" for the team!

Great day all round. Another one to go down in the "I was there" category. We've had a few of them in recent years...

170Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 07:35

TRM

An excellent, and very fair, match report from Workington's website...

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/s/match-centre-95293/0-2135834

The Giant-Killing Adventure Blog - just a few photos at the moment...

http://thegiantkillingadventure.blogspot.co.uk/

171Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 07:38

TRM

stour_boy wrote:From the Kempster forum:

Awful Workington performance. In Alex Wimmer we have the worst goalkeeper in Conference football. Completely miserable day. Good performance by the referee Mr Richardson - I've never seen anyone conned so many times in 90 minutes. You must be a salesman's dream. We also had the miracle of Borough Park. Three Stourbridge players receiving broken legs only to miraculously recover. We will be building a shrine in their honour.
Three?

I assume Luke is one of them, resulting from a red card challenge from one of their players no less. Not sure any other player had to receive treatment during the game. Methinks a little bit of sour grapes there?

Didn't see the ref being conned at all. I believe he was a Football League ref, so hardly inexperienced either.

Hard to argue about their keeper, though.

172Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 09:30

TRM

Match thread from Workington's forum...

http://derwentend.createforumhosting.com/fa-cup-4th-qualifying-round-workington-reds-vs-stourbridge-t1577.html

173Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 09:49

StourLeedsMark

TRM wrote:Match thread from Workington's forum...

http://derwentend.createforumhosting.com/fa-cup-4th-qualifying-round-workington-reds-vs-stourbridge-t1577.html
Its a shame that the straw that broke the camels back was such a poor side that could only resort to play acting.

Bwaaaahahaaaa haha.

174Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 09:58

Forza

Do Workington fans want some cheese with their whine? Wink A fantastic performance in difficult conditions, the better team rightly won the game.

175Workington - Page 7 Empty Re: Workington Sun Oct 27 2013, 13:47

dave w

http://thegiantkillingadventure.blogspot.co.uk/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum