Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw.

+13
stoursi
Brian Handy
baz
Stourbridge Lion
Paranoid Android
Tricky Tree
TRM
brockmoor
PhilC
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
dave w
Devil's Advocate
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 10:08

PhilC

I've given up on correcting him - his standards are definitely slipping. His tweets are often poor - FT score 3-2 on Saturday apparently

Fingers crossed for Corby at home

27FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 10:11

PhilC

although not as bad as Halesowen's official twitter feed, which tweeted they'd won 3-2 on Saturday. Felt very sorry for all their fans when they realised

28FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 10:22

Stourbridge Lion

Stourbridge Lion

Guessing we will be in North draw,as has been stated previously Hednesford or Nuneaton away are worst case scenarios for me! Butterflies are in overdrive now!

29FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 10:25

Stourbridge Lion

Stourbridge Lion

Just been called Stourbridge United again! How many more times?

30FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 10:57

PhilC

Away at Workington, apparently

That's a trek!!

31FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 10:58

TRM

Not just a trek, but we're going to Devon the next morning!

32FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 10:58

Stourbridge Lion

Stourbridge Lion

Workington P10 W2 D1 L7 F10 A19 GD-9 Pts7 currently bottom of Conference North

212 miles according to AA route planner!

33FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:00

Stourbridge Lion

Stourbridge Lion

You and me both TRM was supposed to be going on Saturday,will be definately be Sunday now!

34FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:00

PhilC

Leamington went there recently in the Conf North and won, so not an impossible task

35FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:06

baz

What a bunch of plonkers Andy H and Bruce are! Was listening on Talksport half asleep after night shift and thought i heard Workington away and then had text saying southport at home!!!

36FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:08

stour_boy

stour_boy

Also had the same text!!

Workington away, damn.

Is there a way of getting there without using the M6?

37FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:14

Brian Handy

Stour Boy, You could always come on the coach, it dosn't avoid the motorway but the company's good.

38FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:27

stoursi

Is that not the furthest away match we could have got.

Surely the distance will put the part time supporters?????

39FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:34

TRM

You can avoid the M6... but you'd need to set off on the Wednesday!

40FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 11:45

Devil's Advocate

Spookily i was watching a YouTube video last night of Workington's last ever home Football League match in 1977,i had a strange feeling we might get them.

As a kid i always felt sorry for them being stuck at the bottom of the league nearly every season and having to be voted to stay in at the end of the campaign,in a perverse way it's a ground i've always wanted to visit.

I think we've got a very good chance of winning but i hope we travel up on the Friday or the players will be as stiff as boards by the time they get off the coach!

41FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 12:27

The draw could have been worse, just think if we'd been drawn at home to them and it went to a replay. Travelling all the way up there on a tuesday night Wink

Also if you want to avoid the M6 without travelling on the coach, you can get there and back in a day by train via Carlisle but it will cost you a lot more money. Cheapest fare I've found are single tickets £52 Out and £25 Return, but the return journey doesn't depart until 7pm and you get back to Stour just before midnight.

42FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 12:30

baz

May struggle for this due to work but if anyone if driving,might be an option

43FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 12:40

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Well I'm out....can't get my boys all the way up there...Train way too expensive and no car is a bitch...we could always walk of course.Smile 

44FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 12:43

stour_boy

stour_boy

The coach isn't really my thing; don't particularly like waiting for a few hours after the game for the players especially given the distance involved for this game.

45FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 12:53

Jack

Jack
Admin

Absolute trek but winnable.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

46FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 13:05

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:The coach isn't really my thing; don't particularly like waiting for a few hours after the game for the players especially given the distance involved for this game.

I would hope that at least a couple of coaches will be travelling up SB with just fan's on board rather than hitching a ride with the player's coach.

I think a good few like me will drive up anyway,i've already pretty much filled my car but i'm sure other people will have spare spaces.

Perhaps the club will lay on free coaches or heavily subsidised ones so that we can get as many as possible up to the game.

47FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 13:21

Jack

Jack
Admin

The idea of free coach travel is great. How much would it cost the club though?

48FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 13:32

Jack

Jack
Admin

Quick look at the Workington forum. They seem quite confident. Me thinks they might well be in for a surprise....

49FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 13:47

baz

DA has kindly offered me a lift and a bonus is clocks go back as gotta go to work after match!

50FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw. Mon Oct 14 2013, 14:15

TRM

Jack wrote:Quick look at the Workington forum. They seem quite confident. Me thinks they might well be in for a surprise....
I would be confident if I were them. We are a lower division club, albeit we are doing rather well and they... erm... aren't (at the moment). They will be favourites and rightly so.

However, on the day that means nothing. We can win this and we should go with that approach.

(as if we would go with any other approach!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum