Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fixtures...

+6
brockmoor
Tricky Tree
baz
Jane.N
stour_boy
TRM
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fixtures... Empty Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:07

TRM

http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/fixtures/premFixByTeam.asp?teamID=22&section=fixtures

Totton away first game.

St Neots Home first midweek

Cambridge away on Sunday 13th Oct - presume Histon are at home on the Sat?

Redditch home on Boxing Day, but Banbury home on Easter Monday (penultimate game) - slight change from the normal set-up. Redditch away is August BH and Banbury home on New Years Day

Truro away in Jan - dodgy! Bideford away in late Nov.

Last match Hitchin away.

Other new grounds - Hungerford (tues 17 Sept), Hinckley (Tues 22 Oct), Burnham (Sat 9 Nov), Biggleswade (Tues 26 Nov - 3 days after Bideford away), Poole (Sat 1 March)

2Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:10

stour_boy

stour_boy

I see we're playing Banbury United and Poole Town on the same day - are we playing one of them on the cricket pitch?

EDIT: My mistake, mixed up the FA Trophy dates

Last edited by stour_boy on Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:23; edited 1 time in total

3Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:11

Jane.N

boo hiss to no 'seasidey' clubs in the warmer months!! Poole 1st March is the nearest we get! Mad  Was hoping for some August or April ones!

4Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:15

stour_boy

stour_boy

I've heard Weymouth in February is lovely?

5Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:16

TRM

stour_boy wrote:I've heard Weymouth in February is lovely?

No it isn't.

6Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:19

TRM

stour_boy wrote:I see we're playing Banbury United and Poole Town on the same day

Not accoding to the fixtures on the SL website. Where did you see that?

Poole - 5/10 (h), 1/3 (a)
Banbury - 21/4 (h), 1/1 (a)

7Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:20

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:

No it isn't.

I should have added a !! or Very Happy or Razz to make it clear I was being sarcastic Razz 

8Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:22

TRM

stour_boy wrote:
TRM wrote:

No it isn't.

I should have added a !! or Very Happy or :Pto make it clear I was being sarcastic Razz 

I guessed you were being sarcastic.

I, on the other hand, was not! Very Happy 

9Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 09:22

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:
stour_boy wrote:I see we're playing Banbury United and Poole Town on the same day

Not accoding to the fixtures on the SL website. Where did you see that?

Poole - 5/10 (h), 1/3 (a)
Banbury - 21/4 (h), 1/1 (a)

My mistake, thought 5 Oct was Banbury in the FAT but that's the Preliminary Round day, oops!

10Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 12:09

TRM

Only two August Home matches...

Tues 20th - St Neots Town. Hopefully we can play this at Amblecote. If not, Halesowen are also at home that night, so the Grove is out. Redditch are away, so it could be the Valley.

Sat 24th - Chesham Utd. I would assume that Amblecote is out of the question, unless we can switch it to the Friday or maybe the Sunday. That would depend on the Cricket Club and Chesham, as well as the League. I doubt Chesham would agree to a Friday night (why should they?). Halesowen are at home again and Redditch are away. So it'll be the Valley.

11Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 12:38

stour_boy

stour_boy

Fixture poster, feel free to save and print:

https://i.imgur.com/OQyIdOx.jpg

12Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 13:44

TRM

On a general point, when you look through the list it does make you realise how little there is now to appeal to the floating supporter looking for fixtures with a bit of appeal. No Halesowen, no Leamington, Redditch have never really cut it as a local rival, and after them you're looking at Hinckley and Banbury as our nearest teams.

Weymouth, Truro and St Albans are probably about as good as it gets in terms of "glamour names", and that's not saying a lot.

13Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 17:14

baz

Know what you mean TRM,no local matches to get our teeth into!! Will be a very interesting season and we could be having the same conversation we had at the first match,last season if you remember?

14Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 18:06

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I really enjoyed Totton away last season and am gutted I can't make it.
Can't really turn down three free tickets to Forest though,so can't really grumble.

15Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 19:30

brockmoor

brockmoor

I would quite happily turn down free Forest tickets!

16Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 19:38

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

That Mr.Brockmoor is because you sir are a philistine.Smile 

17Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 20:32

brockmoor

brockmoor

Not really, if i really wanted to go to Totton, then even if i had free tickets to the Baggies i would still go. Wink

18Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 17 2013, 21:32

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

The difference is that it's extremely rare I get the chance to take my two boys to Forest and with it only being a few days before my oldests ninth birthday it's a little treat for him and a chance to get him some forest goodies.
All about priorities on this one....
See sis...I don't always put myself first.Laughing 

19Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Thu Jul 18 2013, 23:07

NickSFCB

Stour boy- Weymouth anytime of the year isn't good. Awful away day, shit beer (in a can and out of date 3 season ago). Went past totton on Tuesday, never been before but will hopefully head down there this season. Probably drive it, and tie it in with work the previous day.

20Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Sat Jul 20 2013, 20:30

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Some of those midweek aways are a bit daunting - presumably a consequence of those four extra fixtures that nobody wants.

Plus, Hungerford and Biggleswade in midweek but Redditch on Bank Holiday Monday? Makes no sense. Surely would have been better to go to Redditch on a Tuesday and one of those other two on 26th August. Bonkers.

And on a personal note, before these were announced I'd identified eight dates on which I'd rather we didn't have a home game. I knew by law of averages that some of them wouldn't come off but guess what - yes, on all eight we've been given home games! (Pure coincidence I know but no less annoying)

21Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 24 2013, 21:43

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Any more whispers yet on where / when the August home fixtures will be played?

22Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 24 2013, 22:20

TRM

barnstoneworth wrote:Any more whispers yet on where / when the August home fixtures will be played?

Don't know yet.

23Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Fri Jul 26 2013, 09:51

TRM

Now on the website - the St Neots game on Tues 20th August WILL be at Amblecote.

Discussions still ongoing with all parties about the Chesham game on Sat 24th August.

24Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Fri Jul 26 2013, 09:55

brockmoor

brockmoor

Great news Smile

25Fixtures... Empty Re: Fixtures... Wed Jul 31 2013, 07:12

baz

Still strugglong to understand why our league is starting 2 weeks after some others?? When all the clubs go on their jolly at the end of the season,i wonder if this was brought up? Just makes no sense!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum