Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Admission Prices/Season Tickets

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Admission Prices/Season Tickets Tue Jun 25 2013, 21:03

TRM

Admission prices will remain the same as last season. Season tickets up a bit to reflect the two extra home games...

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/news/sfc--admission-charges-and-se-977480.html

I will admit that I've only really looked at how it affects me and the kids (both under 12, so still free), so I don't know if there are any hidden surprises with the concessions or junior tickets.

Big news is that we'll be charging £1 to park next season, but only to non-members and non-ST holders. Having moaned about other clubs charging to park, I won't be hypocritical about it. I think it's a bad move and I don't agree with it. I know it's "only a quid" (and it won't affect me) but it's only going to make us buttons so I don't see what's to be gained when set against the ill-will it is bound to cause with some supporters..

2Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Tue Jun 25 2013, 21:26

dave w

TRM wrote:Admission prices will remain the same as last season. Season tickets up a bit to reflect the two extra home games...

http://www.stourbridgefc.com/news/sfc--admission-charges-and-se-977480.html

I will admit that I've only really looked at how it affects me and the kids (both under 12, so still free), so I don't know if there are any hidden surprises with the concessions or junior tickets.

Big news is that we'll be charging £1 to park next season, but only to non-members and non-ST holders. Having moaned about other clubs charging to park, I won't be hypocritical about it. I think it's a bad move and I don't agree with it. I know it's "only a quid" (and it won't affect me) but it's only going to make us buttons so I don't see what's to be gained when set against the ill-will it is bound to cause with some supporters..

I agree - most cars parked will be members, most that pay will probably be away fans. Ill-will for the sake of a few quid a match is wrong. £100 for my half season ticket is fair enough though. 

3Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Tue Jun 25 2013, 21:30

stour_boy

stour_boy

I think the only change I can see is that non-ST members don't get £1 off admission anymore? So basically its £10 admission or 'free' for ST holders.

£7.39 per match for ST holders; very good indeed considering it includes a membership worth £20 too.

My only moan is that the membership benefits will likely see me spend a load more money at the Chequers Very Happy

Not bothered myself about car parking charges - I always park at the Corbett anyway. Seems reasonable to pay for a limited resource, and in any case this will likely see people having to pay park elsewhere anyway - with the result that ST holders and members get spaces close to the entrance.

4Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Tue Jun 25 2013, 22:39

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

TRM wrote:

I agree with TRM on this one. Charging for car parking is utterly disgraceful. Regardless of how many other teams do it.

As has been said elsewhere, the financial benefit to the club will be peanuts so why bother?

(I know it won't affect me but it's the principle of the thing).

2 abysmal decisions announced in one day. Hopefully there's no more to come.

5Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Wed Jun 26 2013, 08:28

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

On the positive side though, very good to see that admission has been held at the same price as last year and with the extra games the season ticket price is very reasonable.

6Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Wed Jun 26 2013, 10:33

TRM

Personally I don't think either decision is "abysmal" - that's a bit strong. The car parking charge I think is short-sighted but is sadly probably just a case of catching up with the majority of other clubs these days. It has the potential to get people's backs up for very little gain.

The League Cup thing is a shame but whether it is the right decision or not will probably be judged depending on our league position in April. And if we end up playing three times a week in Spring because of a bad winter we'll all be grateful we haven't got a League Cup run to contend with as well.

7Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Fri Jun 28 2013, 13:57

brockmoor

brockmoor

Dont know what the problem is about paying a pound for parking personally? Its another income for club and i would be going down the £2-3 route. If it only makes £50 each game thats around another £1000 in bank. Theres a million ways to make additional money at the club which they dont pursue, so please dont knock them for doing just one of them!

8Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Fri Jun 28 2013, 17:32

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Doesn't matter if it's 50p, charging for parking is just fundamentally wrong.

9Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Fri Jun 28 2013, 17:43

brockmoor

brockmoor

Why? You have a car and you want to park it on ground it will now cost you.
If you want to go to a football match at Stourbridge it will cost you.
If you want to buy a programme it will cost you.
If you want food at ground it will cost you.
Lets not forget you have a choice Wink

10Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:09

dave w

brockmoor wrote:Why? You have a car and you want to park it on ground it will now cost you.
If you want to go to a football match at Stourbridge it will cost you.
If you want to buy a programme it will cost you.
If you want food at ground it will cost you.
Lets not forget you have a choice Wink

That's not the point. It's an extra expense and has been seen on here it's one that will be unpopular. Something that has always been free will now cost and there is no need for it.

11Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Sat Jun 29 2013, 08:15

brockmoor

brockmoor

Its not an extra expense if you dont park on ground! There are plenty of places to park near the ground anyhow.
I applaud the club for getting in another income stream, you can never have enough of them.

12Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Sat Jun 29 2013, 12:54

dave w

brockmoor wrote:Its not an extra expense if you dont park on ground! There are plenty of places to park near the ground anyhow.
I applaud the club for getting in another income stream, you can never have enough of them.

Maybe they should double the prices and charge for using the toilets then.

13Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Sat Jun 29 2013, 13:03

brockmoor

brockmoor

Well things to change and time moves on. It wasnt that long ago it was a fiver admission, so in that respect it has already doubled Wink
Heaven help us if the raffle goes from 50p a strip to a £1.
Wink

14Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Mon Jul 08 2013, 19:09

TRM wrote:Season tickets up a bit to reflect the two extra home games...

I just hope I can pay for mine in 2 halves?

As for charging people to park, I hope that doesn't make supporters try and park in the local side streets, as I've heard complaints from people who live in Stamford road about the number of cars on a saturday.  Luckily it isn't a problem for me as I live close enough to walk to the ground.  Although not always in a straight line drunken

15Admission Prices/Season Tickets Empty Re: Admission Prices/Season Tickets Mon Jul 08 2013, 21:58

stour_boy

stour_boy

The revenue loss from Causeway leaving has to be made up somehow. I hesitantly support the car parking charge, albeit it's easy for me to say since (a) I'm intending on being an ST holder and (b) I never park in the ground anyway.

I think the nearby streets (Westland Gardens?) are coned off now on matchdays. I usually park at the Corbett anyway if I'm not drinking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum