Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Macca signs for Leamington

+6
stour_boy
UlsterJim
Tricky Tree
Jane.N
Jack
TRM
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Macca signs for Leamington Empty Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 18:49

TRM

http://www.leamingtonfc.co.uk/index.php/news/25-news/1535-mccone-and-green-arrive-hood-and-cooper-depart

Not a huge surprise really. We all know Macca is capable of playing at a higher level and after Kiddy tried to sign him last summer there were always going to be more approaches this time round. Good luck to him - you can never begrudge a player having a crack at a higher level. Hope it works out but obviously hope he has a stinker if we play them in a Cup!! Very Happy

At the same time Jamie Hood has left them. I wonder where he will pitch up...?

2Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 18:55

Jack

Jack
Admin

Feel awful. What a signing for them though.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 18:59

Jane.N

Absolutely gutted!! Crying or Very sad

However do not begrudge him that move at all - he has stayed loyal to us at other times in his career and as our best player he deserves the opportunities at higher level.
I will miss him as a player and miss his lovely family to talk to - I hope they still come to some games when they can.

Hope it works out for him but if it doesnt then would love to see him back.

It had to be bloody Leamo though didnt it - makes their team stronger!! Evil or Very Mad

4Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 19:03

Jane.N

On another level altogether my gorgeous 3 year old nephew Archie will be gutted too. He is losing all his favourite players. First Rocky was injured, then LewisSolly (always said as one word by him Laughing ) was injured -then possibly leaving now Macca!! Poor Arch Wink

5Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 19:10

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Wolfie I know....how the hell am I meant to break that to him??!!
It was bad enough when Ben left but now his hero is leaving.
It was at Leamo last season where Macca kindly did a recording for Arch on my phone.
He looked mortified when I drunkenly approached him asking him to do it but he obliged.
Sums him up really.....top bloke and will be greatly missed by all at the club.

All I have to say about him signing for Leamingscum is......
Oh Macca!!!!!!

6Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 19:15

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Jane.N wrote:On another level altogether my gorgeous 3 year old nephew Archie will be gutted too. He is losing all his favourite players. First Rocky was injured, then LewisSolly (always said as one word by him Laughing ) was injured -then possibly leaving now Macca!! Poor Arch Wink

Saw Rocky at Worcester Races on Saturday, he looked fighting fit. Maybe Archie will take to one of our new signings.

http://www.nibadges.com

7Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 19:55

TRM

Jack wrote:Feel awful. What a signing for them though.

I "felt awful" when Henry Wright left us to join Hednesford in 1992.

I got over it.

8Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:05

Jack

Jack
Admin

Oh I know, just gutting that it's them.

9Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Best wishes to Macca at his new club, and thanks to him for everything during his time at Stour.

10Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:15

TRM

Jack wrote:Oh I know, just gutting that it's them.

Why? I'd feel a lot more narked if it was, say, Hemel (however unlikely), or another team that we're in direct competition with next season.

Yes, we might meet Leamington in one of the Cups, but equally we could play Worcester, Hednesford or Telford - all in the same Division as Leamington and just as convenient for Macca to join travel-wise. Would you have found it more or less "gutting" had he joined any of them?

Having said that, I know how I took it when some of our players joined Halesowen during the 80s and 90s - Kevin Harrison, Evran Wright, Richard Massey and others - same situation, just different "rivals". Perhaps I'm just 20 years older these days but I don't see it as some sort of personal betrayal, which is how I read (perhaps wrongly) your post.

11Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:20

Jane.N

Gutting cos its them - as I dont like them and Macca will make them better!!

And before all the ' I dont get the rivalry blah blah blah' thats how i feel and there needs to be no sensible logic to it so if you dont agree then fair enough Very Happy

12Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:24

TRM

Jane.N wrote:Gutting cos its them - as I dont like them and Macca will make them better!!

And before all the ' I dont get the rivalry blah blah blah' thats how i feel and there needs to be no sensible logic to it so if you dont agree then fair enough Very Happy

Couldn't agree more! But at the same time you just have to take a realistic view on it.

13Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:27

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I think betrayal is the wring word entirely.
I read it as "fair play to Macca,but of all the clubs to go to"
I'd much rather he went to Worcester or Hednesford.

This reminds me of when nearly everyone was congratulating Leamo on promotion,all apart from Nory(Jack)
I didn't post at the time but I agreed with him then and I do now.
Fair play Macca has deservedly stepped up a level but it grates that it's to Leamingscum's benefit.

14Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:31

Jane.N

Not really sure i understand the being realistic comment Question Embarassed

Maybe I should be clearer -

I understand why Macca has gone
I am gutted that he has left Stourbridge
I wish him well (although not his new club Razz )
I would have preferred him to go somewhere where I would be glad to see they had signed a class player.

Actually I dont know if that is any clearer. I have a migraine so am going to find a dark room to rest in!! Smile

15Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:49

TRM

I'm not knocking either of your opinions, Jane or TT.

I'm just seeing it from a Stourbridge angle. It doesn't bother me whether he joins Leamington, Kiddy or Manchester Utd. They all amount to the same thing - clubs we won't be playing in League competition next season. I wish Leamington no harm, rivalry or otherwise, unless they're playing us of course. I wish them no particular success either - I'm just not fussed at all.

All that interests me is that he won't be playing for us next season, and won't be playing for a competitor either. That's my take on the "reality".

16Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 20:55

Brian Handy

Top Player , Top Person , Good luck and thanks for some great stour memories.
Like Jane, just wish it wasn't leamington, no logical reason just don't like them as a club.
But as TRM says better than a team at our level, just hope they don't ruin him as player like they tried to do with Leon.

Also like to thank Pauls family & girlfriend emma, been good supporters , Eric will be gutted.

17Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 22:27

Jane.N

Think thats the thing with some players leaving - you lose the family as well. Leon ( although obviously back now)and Ryan Rowes spring to mind although there have been other too. Pauls family members spread quite a long way along behind that goal and many halves I have missed a bit of action by nattering to them. As I said in my previous post -I hope we still see them from time to time.

18Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 22:36

stoursi

Good luck to macca with his new club.

Always going to happen unless we got promotion.

Not sure if he had offers last season even though he had trials at kiddy and the season before who knows. Don't think burr thought he was a central defender.

Where will he play for Leamington as they have signed two central defenders and Daly. Possibly play him at right back which surely his best position as he likes to get forward.

19Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Wed Jun 05 2013, 23:30

stour_boy

stour_boy

Update on the club website also confirming Lewis is leaving along with Mackey and McCone.

Suggests we may get some news in due course on players re-signing and new transfers soon though Smile

20Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Thu Jun 06 2013, 08:27

Jack

Jack
Admin

For me Macca is and always will be a Centre Back. For me, it's not just a coincidence that when Sam left, and Macca moved to Centre Back, our peformances and results picked up a lot. It was even more of a factor then say, signing Ben.

Regards Leamo, maybe it's just me being young and 'naive', however I suspect and awful lot of people would look at the deal and first go 'Ahhh Macca's left', shortly followed by 'Too Leamo?!'. They are a biggest rivals now, and them signing our best player isn't great! I hope he has a blinder, but they go down! Twisted Evil

A lot of work for Gary & Co to do now in getting a Striker or 2, a new centre back and whatever else they feel is needed. I suspect with Lewis leaving would suggest Dean will stop?

21Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Thu Jun 06 2013, 09:12

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Jack wrote:
They are a biggest rivals now, and them signing our best player isn't great! ?

Leamington have been our biggest playing rivals in recent seasons, but Halesowen are our proper rivals. I love the fact that there is still an edge even in the pre-season friendlies we play against them.

Good luck Macca & family.

Onwards and upwards Stour.

22Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Thu Jun 06 2013, 13:49

TRM

Jack wrote:A lot of work for Gary & Co to do now in getting a Striker or 2, a new centre back and whatever else they feel is needed. I suspect with Lewis leaving would suggest Dean will stop?

Whilst it is in no way a good thing to be losing Macca and (to a lesser extent) Mackey and Solly, if there is a blessing or two in it then at least it is all happening early in the summer and we have plenty of time to sort oursleves out for next season. It also means that there can be no element of complacency in bringing in new players - somewhere I thought we were a bit guilty last summer.

23Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Thu Jun 06 2013, 15:33

brockmoor

brockmoor

We may have signed a few Leamington players this season if we had been consistent and managerial staff had got act together quicker in 2012/13. Wink

Cant help thinking we missed the boat last season.

24Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Thu Jun 06 2013, 16:47

AmblecoteArnie

Although hearing it 2 weeks ago I was hoping it had fallen through as it hadn't been mentioned since. Good Luck Macca.
As for Jamie Hood, great central defender but I heard he had been released as he often missed training, liked a beer and had a poor disciplinary record. would he be the right player to come in? Not sure.

25Macca signs for Leamington Empty Re: Macca signs for Leamington Fri Jun 07 2013, 10:36

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Macca only went and won £20 on the 150 club last night.

He can claim it when he resigns ;-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum