Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

SLP or NLP

+8
brockmoor
BergerBrakes
Jack
TRM
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
UlsterJim
Aled
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 16:19

stour_boy

stour_boy

Yes, assuming nothing happens with clubs folding/resigning/going bust etc, which given the number of clubs said to be on the rocks, seems unlikely!

EDIT: Although we should know between NPL and SLP for definite I think?

27SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 17:29

PhilC

Sam Elliott of the non league paper has a list and tweeted to me that we're in the Southern League Prem

28SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 17:30

stour_boy

stour_boy

Stour are in the SLP - Barwell move to NPL but Hinckley United in the SLP!!! We get the Scots too (Corby)

29SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 17:30

stour_boy

stour_boy

Full list http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/may/~/media/446074E0FA074FDF8A16B245C30E35C9.ashx

30SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 17:33

stour_boy

stour_boy

Southern League Premier 2013/14: SUBJECT TO RATIFICATION AT LEAGUE AGM

AFC Totton
Arlesey Town
Banbury United
Bashley
Bedford Town
Biggleswade Town (P)
Bideford
Burnham (P)
Cambridge City
Chesham United
Chippenham Town
Corby Town (R)
Frome Town
Hemel Hempstead Town
Hinckley United (R)
Hitchin Town
Hungerford Town (P)
Poole Town (P)
Redditch United
St Albans City
St Neots Town
Stourbridge
Truro City (R)
Weymouth

31SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 17:34

PhilC

http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/may/step-1-4-allocations-season-2013-14.aspx

Barwell gone to NLP, Hinckley in SLP

32SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 17:36

stour_boy

stour_boy

PhilC wrote:http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/may/step-1-4-allocations-season-2013-14.aspx

Barwell gone to NLP, Hinckley in SLP

Too slow Very Happy

33SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 17:41

stour_boy

stour_boy

Just to ratify in case people skip to Page 3: (I was first to the info as per usual Very Happy )

AFC Totton
Arlesey Town
Banbury United
Bashley
Bedford Town
Biggleswade Town (P)
Bideford
Burnham (P)
Cambridge City
Chesham United
Chippenham Town
Corby Town (R)
Frome Town
Hemel Hempstead Town
Hinckley United (R)
Hitchin Town
Hungerford Town (P)
Poole Town (P)
Redditch United
St Albans City
St Neots Town
Stourbridge
Truro City (R)
Weymouth

Full line-ups: http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/may/step-1-4-allocations-season-2013-14.aspx

34SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 18:46

TRM

Splitting Barwell and Hinckley is just stupidity. But arguably not as bad as Scarborough in NPL 1 SOUTH when they are further north than vrtually every club in NPL 1 North!

35SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Fri May 17 2013, 18:46

TRM

And who are "Bedworth Town"?

36SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 18 2013, 06:21

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

I suspect the FA has been listening to TRM - recognising that "dirty" Barwell belong with the northern cloggers! Agree that it is stupid to split them and Hinckley though.

Looking at other forums (fora?) it seems that that are a few unhappy bunnies out there; Goole and Scarborough in NPL 1 South and more and more Kent teams in Isthmian 1 South for example, although with the list of teams in trouble there could well still be reprieves and changes ahead...

37SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 18 2013, 09:51

NickSFCB

Not looking forward to Truro away. An utterly vile away day. The only thing warm on our last trip was the beer. The positive with Truro is hopefully they still have their "beast"

38SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 18 2013, 09:55

brockmoor

brockmoor

stour_boy wrote:Just to ratify in case people skip to Page 3: (I was first to the info as per usual Very Happy )

AFC Totton
Arlesey Town
Banbury United
Bashley
Bedford Town
Biggleswade Town (P)
Bideford
Burnham (P)
Cambridge City
Chesham United
Chippenham Town
Corby Town (R)
Frome Town
Hemel Hempstead Town
Hinckley United (R)
Hitchin Town
Hungerford Town (P)
Poole Town (P)
Redditch United
St Albans City
St Neots Town
Stourbridge
Truro City (R)
Weymouth

Full line-ups: http://www.thefa.com/News/2013/may/step-1-4-allocations-season-2013-14.aspx

(I was first to the info as per usual Very Happy )

Some people have a life! Rolling Eyes

39SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 18 2013, 11:58

TRM

There is a map on the Kempster Forum but I'm mobile at the moment so can't post a link. I'll let Stour_boy take the kudos.

When you look at it the Scarborough thing isn't quite as daft as you might think, but it still could have been avoided in my view. I wonder if the FA have kept them apart from Darlington deliberately, either to avoid crowd trouble or to give the best chance of both being promoted at the end of the season?

Barwell and Hinckley being separated will NEVER make any sense and could have been avoided by moving us or Corby north, or Rushall south. Just stupid!

Step 4 is a nightmare to sort out and will only get worse outside the south-east as more clubs are promoted from step 5 each year in that region. The SL South & West footprint grows ever bigger - now swallowed up Fleet, Godalming and Guildford from the Central Division, as well as Stratford from the MFA. Bet they're thrilled!

40SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 18 2013, 13:35

the nephew of god

As a resident of Poole I can only say 'thank God we didn't move!' Some of my Poole Town supporting friends would have been gutted if they missed us too. Can we have Poole away on boxing day please?

41SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 18 2013, 15:43

stour_boy

stour_boy

brockmoor wrote:Some people have a life! Rolling Eyes

Perks of being a student my friend.

TRM wrote:There is a map on the Kempster Forum but I'm mobile at the moment so can't post a link. I'll let Stour_boy take the kudos.

Thanks! Here it is...

SLP or NLP - Page 2 Step3_zpsf8224afd

Note that there is a red dot below the blue dot next to the word Hinckley...that's how close Hinckley United and Barwell are! Now that Hednesford are promoted I'd be willing to bet that Rushall wouldn't mind coming into the Southern so the biggest mystery is why that wasn't done to allow Hinckley and Barwell to stay in the same division.

Who knows, maybe Barwell asked to move!!

42SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 18 2013, 15:51

brockmoor

brockmoor

stour_boy wrote:
brockmoor wrote:Some people have a life! Rolling Eyes

Perks of being a student my friend.

TRM wrote:There is a map on the Kempster Forum but I'm mobile at the moment so can't post a link. I'll let Stour_boy take the kudos.

Thanks! Here it is...

SLP or NLP - Page 2 Step3_zpsf8224afd

Note that there is a red dot below the blue dot next to the word Hinckley...that's how close Hinckley United and Barwell are! Now that Hednesford are promoted I'd be willing to bet that Rushall wouldn't mind coming into the Southern so the biggest mystery is why that wasn't done to allow Hinckley and Barwell to stay in the same division.

Who knows, maybe Barwell asked to move!!

You call it a 'perk'! Laughing

Maybe im being a little ignorant, but all this if's and maybe's does my head in a little. Were in the SPL next season, yes it may change but does it really matter whose playing in what league? I could understand it if Truro were asked to play in the NPL!

43SLP or NLP - Page 2 Empty Re: SLP or NLP Sat May 18 2013, 20:50

NickSFCB

brockmoor wrote:Maybe im being a little ignorant, but all this if's and maybe's does my head in a little. Were in the SPL next season, yes it may change but does it really matter whose playing in what league? I could understand it if Truro were asked to play in the NPL!

echo this brockmoor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum