Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prize Money At Different Levels Of The Pyramid.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Devil's Advocate

Does anyone know if we gain a financial reward should we win the play offs?

Also,is there an increase in money doled out by Blue Square compared to what we may/may not have got for being in the Evostik Southern Prem?

I presume we have to split the gate money 50/50 with our semi final opponents and final opponents if we get there?

Any info will be great fully received.

stour_boy

stour_boy

To my eternal frustration I can't find any concrete announcement on prize money but I know that last season, thanks to the new sponsors no doubt, I think £1000 was paid to all clubs with about £6/7k to the league winner and about £3/4k to the runner-up. Now whether that's the 2nd place club or the playoff winner I couldn't be sure - probably the former.

You'd think that for a nice initiative like that there would be more on the SL website about it, but no. I'm going from my memory of a tit-bit in the Stour programme for the above, and that was last season!

As for whether it that is still the case this season, I don't know. Can't find anything on Blue Square prize money either (from a few Google searches).

I think the playoff gate receipts are split but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I guess we keep all the healthy bar receipts from the post-match celebration/drowning sorrows though Razz

In other words, I've not been much help have I Very Happy

TRM

Don't know about prize money, but I think we do get a nice little trophy for being runners-up. I suppose we could flog that if we need a few bob!

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:To my eternal frustration I can't find any concrete announcement on prize money but I know that last season, thanks to the new sponsors no doubt, I think £1000 was paid to all clubs with about £6/7k to the league winner and about £3/4k to the runner-up. Now whether that's the 2nd place club or the playoff winner I couldn't be sure - probably the former.

You'd think that for a nice initiative like that there would be more on the SL website about it, but no. I'm going from my memory of a tit-bit in the Stour programme for the above, and that was last season!

As for whether it that is still the case this season, I don't know. Can't find anything on Blue Square prize money either (from a few Google searches).

I think the playoff gate receipts are split but someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I guess we keep all the healthy bar receipts from the post-match celebration/drowning sorrows though Razz

In other words, I've not been much help have I Very Happy

Thanks for trying SB.

You would think that this would be a bit more transparent wouldn't you!?

I'll ask Andy P next time i see him.

TRM

I'd say it's a fair bet (pun intended) that the prize money for Conf North will be higher pro rata than in the Southern Prem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum