Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any thoughts on Kidderminster's promotion push?

+4
PhilC
NickSFCB
TRM
Devil's Advocate
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Devil's Advocate

The traditional Stourbridge foe back in true 70's and 80's and always good to beat them like we did in the Worcs Senior Cup final last summer but i hope they get the results they need to make it to the football league especially after what happened with Artell's suspension being overturned by the Welsh FA.

TRM

Went up and bought two tickets for their second leg tonight.

Don't worry, they were junior tickets for a friend of ours. I might pass for mid 30s but not under 16 these days! And I wouldn't be seen supporting the Harriers for all money.

As a resident of Kiddy these days, I honestly can't work up much fuss either way. It will be good for the town I suppose if they do go up but beyond that, not really bothered.

Seems odd now that back in early October we were seriously contemplating the possibility of playing them in League fixtures next season for the first time since 1982/83!

NickSFCB

Hope they go up for Rowey. Got fried s who follows kiddy, so be nice for them to see some success, aswell as them deserving it on the back of a marvellous season.

PhilC

Has he been playing much?

Devil's Advocate

PhilC wrote:Has he been playing much?

Mainly as a sub coming on late.

Great little player for us but Benbow/Mackey seem a better overall package in many ways.

Would have been interesting to see Rowe alongside another good forward in a 4-4-2 at our place but that didn't seem to happen.

PhilC

He made 4-5-1 work for us. Since he left it never looked effective. His departure meant we had to change the way the whole team was set up. Great to see we've now done that.

Devil's Advocate

PhilC wrote:He made 4-5-1 work for us. Since he left it never looked effective. His departure meant we had to change the way the whole team was set up. Great to see we've now done that.

Agreed Phil.

He allowed us to pack the midfield at a time when we perhaps didn't have the quality to play with a four in there.

Benbow worked like a Trojan on his own so there's no complaints on that score but now he's got Mackey with him defenders don't seem to know how to cope with them as a pairing.

I've got a lot of time for Fitz too,i think he's added a lot to the side in quality and his work rate is top notch as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing Drake back next season as well as he brings a lot to the team but i'm wondering where Rocky is going to fit in?

Nice problems to have though.

Jack

Jack
Admin

Sam is head and shoulders above Drake. So I'd suggest it would be more I wonder where Aaron will fit in!

Go down Kiddy a fair bit, was there Saturday, and will be there Sunday. Hope to see 2 successful Play Off finals in 2 days over the 5th and 6th!

Kiddy fans just don't rate Ryan. Many think he's over weight, and his touch is poor. They agree that if he's in the box he's a great finisher, but compared to their golden boy Malbon, he doesn't offer a lot too the team. If they get promotion, and we do, depending on what happens with Mackey, I really wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan with us again. Kiddy would sell/loan and BSN is his natural level for me.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

Jane.N

Slightly off topic with Sam talk - but sam is head and shoulders above Jordan too - and that is in no way disrespectful of Jordan - I think he has done a great job but imo Rocky is much better.

PhilC

Time will tell if Sam returns the same player - it will clearly take a while to get match fitness and confidence back. Look at someone like Michale Owen - he'dstill be playing for England now if he hadn't had the injuries he did. If Sam gets back to anywhere near his best then I think he gets in the team - he was pretty much our best player this time last year.

If we don't go up (and even if we do), it will be interesting to see if Mackey stays. Was he a short-term signing to get us over the line? I'm still concerned that we can't afford his wages, based on nothing other than pessism!!

Btw, shouldn't this be on topic!!

Devil's Advocate

Interesting opinions but as i say,i rate Drake very highly and Fitz is a quality player with a good physique.

If you look at a few BSN games you will see that physicality and power becomes more important and i think this is where Rocky may struggle.

Rocky was useful in the midfield five but i'm not so sure he'd work in the four we now use.

As for Rowe's future,considering he's on full time wages at Kiddie it's hard to predict we'd get him back in the short term,i'm not sure what his length of contract is there anyway.

The Benbow/Mackey combination is a winner at this level and i think the next step up so i can't see Gary wanting to change that.

stour_boy

stour_boy

Devil's Advocate wrote:The traditional Stourbridge foe back in true 70's and 80's and always good to beat them like we did in the Worcs Senior Cup final last summer but i hope they get the results they need to make it to the football league especially after what happened with Artell's suspension being overturned by the Welsh FA.

Agreed, never had anything against them and they thoroughly deserve it for their remarkable run after a truly dreadful start to the season.

They could have done with drawing in Wrexham but they still can do it.

For what it's worth I think three should go up from the Conference and three down from League Two but I doubt it will ever happen.

Aled

stour_boy wrote:
For what it's worth I think three should go up from the Conference and three down from League Two but I doubt it will ever happen.

I'm sure it will happen but probably be a few years yet. As for Kiddy, I don't mind em and, i'm too young to recall them as rivals. That said, i'd still chuckle a little if they balls it up Smile

At least Kiddy are still in the conference. I mean it doesn't seem that long ago when they were fighting with Bromsgrove for a place in the football league, and look what's happened to them Wink

TRM

20 years ago this season, Bromsgrove were runners up to Wycombe in the Conference.

TRM wrote:20 years ago this season

20 years affraid It dow weem that long, I must be getting old pale

stour_boy

stour_boy

Kiddy 1-3 Wrexham.

Shame for Kiddy after an outstanding league season.

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:Kiddy 1-3 Wrexham.

Shame for Kiddy after an outstanding league season.

Kiddie were rubbish and got what they deserved today.

Me and a mate went more out of curiosity and something to do than anything else but it was a non event of a match.

Wrexham had old pro's like Adebola,Ormerod,Keates,Steven Wright of Liverpool and Andy Morrell as player manager,they had all the nous and knowhow and made it easy.

I felt sorry for Rowey,the service to him was awful,they don't seem to play to his strengths at all and Malbon and Gash were very disappointing today.

The best team on the day won.

Aled

Real shame for Kiddy, it seems the curse of the highest placed team is still alive and well! I shall comfort myself with the knowledge that ourselves, in contrast to Kiddy were never seriously challenging for the title from quite a way back and therefore, this particular curse will pass us by Suspect

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum