Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changes aplenty !

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Changes aplenty ! Empty Changes aplenty ! Thu Jun 13 2019, 21:22

redpike

''A new broom sweeps clean...………………………….''
I'm sure that I am not the only one who has been concerned with the exodus of so many of last season's squad, namely the likes of Benbow, Forde, McCone and 'Mr SFC', Leon. Let us not forget that we finished above Alvechurch and, arguably, only fell at the knock-out stage because of forfeiting home advantage. It is perfectly understandable that players will have their heads turned by more money but, on the face of it, that does not seem to be the only reason for the many departures.
A few years ago, our Fans Forum would have been alive with comments concerning current events but the silence of fellow contributors on social media is almost deafening.
A new manager always brings in new faces but changing personnel is only successful if these new players are better than those being replaced. Only time will tell.
However, my full support for our club will continue and I wish Ian Long all the best.

2Changes aplenty ! Empty Re: Changes aplenty ! Sun Jun 16 2019, 15:59

Brian Handy

There is still some discussion takes place, but it is on Facebook mainly. There are sites for Stourbridge fc official, Stourbridge fc awaydays, Central Premier Football league have threads that talk about the changes.
I agree with your comments, whilst we fell short of expectations, we did have the best defensive record and were third highest scorers. It is true though that since we the home defeat to Kettering our form was patchy to say the least. We stared conceding too many late goals and our forwards were certainly less than prolific.
Changes were required, but it was Gary's decision to leave so I was pleased he left on his terms, he did a fantastic job.
Ian Long looks a good choice and I will certainly back him, he seems to have got a good defence and midfield together, I am just a little less confident of the forwards he has signed so far, though I hope I am made to eat those words, I am pleased we have kept Greg Mills, he could be central to our success.
Ian has said he offered all of last year's squad the same terms as last season which would indicate it was the players choice to leave, though certainly some would have felt they were lower in the pecking order.
It will certainly be an interesting season and I look forward to the first friendlies with more than usual interest.
I am pleased that Leon will be at the kidderminster game so we can give him the send off he deserves.
Look forward to seeing you soon.

3Changes aplenty ! Empty Re: Changes aplenty ! Sun Jun 30 2019, 20:07

sirsmileriiii

redpike wrote:''A new broom sweeps clean...………………………….''
A few years ago, our Fans Forum would have been alive with comments concerning current events but the silence of fellow contributors on social media is almost deafening.

Unfortunately this forum has been left to me & Brian for nearly all of last season, as most supporters use Facebook to post their comments now.  Unless they are screaming for the managers head then they use Twitter instead, just like at the end of last season.

I did not like the way Gary left so suddenly, and personally I think everything has been done far too fast.  But obviously time will tell, especially with so many players leaving on mass.  And as so many players have followed the manager from Alvechurch does that mean the team is now called Stourchurch FC lol!

Plus if we fail to finish in 3rd place or higher at the end of next season can I go on Twitter and start demanding the managers head, as surely a final position any lower in the league would class as an even worse season than the last one scratch

4Changes aplenty ! Empty Hitchin - home - 4 Jan 2020 Sat Jan 04 2020, 21:40

redpike

Not sure what's happened to today's Twitter. Has it been 'censored' ?
Anyway, I repeat what I 'tried' to say on Twitter in that today's was another disappointing result and performance, particularly in the 1st half when Hitchin had numerous chances.
In the 2nd half, we upped the tempo but without making chances.
6 red cards in the last 9 weeks reflects badly on the management and, more importantly, the club.

It was 3 years ago today when we all shared an unforgettable day in the club's history at Wycombe.
How fortunes ebb and flow !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum